not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

National Ballot - Part-timers just don't care

03 Oct 2019, 08:07

clashcityrocker wrote:
Gasman11 wrote:
In my experience Managers tend to treat all staff, part time and full time, poorly except for the few blue eyes .

In our experience managers, full time staff and the union treat part time staff poorly.

Everyone sh1ts on part-timers - many full-timers do the least prep for them they can, the union will turn a blind eye, and managers won't discipline full-timers.

They get the hardest walks, the closest scrutiny, and are the working poor - they get state assistance to top up their wages.

I can understand their apathy, even resentment.

03 Oct 2019, 12:28

south London postie wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
Gasman11 wrote:
In my experience Managers tend to treat all staff, part time and full time, poorly except for the few blue eyes .

In our experience managers, full time staff and the union treat part time staff poorly.

Everyone sh1ts on part-timers - many full-timers do the least prep for them they can, the union will turn a blind eye, and managers won't discipline full-timers.

They get the hardest walks, the closest scrutiny, and are the working poor - they get state assistance to top up their wages.

I can understand their apathy, even resentment.

EXACTLY, SLP, totally agree with you. The union have never really bothered about part timers and now when it comes to the crunch they want them to come on side. You'd are all RM workers. Posties of all types be it full time, part time and agency need to stick together because Mr back has no scruples and is going to try and kill the union off. If he gets his way yous WILL be working for minimum wage of £8.21 with no shift allowance or any other allowance, paid breaks ect. RM have been gearing themselves up for this fight for several years by splitting the workers between full/part time with managers playing their part by treating part timers even more shitty. Now they have got their hatchet man in place. Make no mistake that this fight is about the future of the RM and your livelihoods. The union needs to get it across to the public in simpler terms and stop talking about pillers and start talking about EXACTLY what's going on in DOs up and down the country. Also what happened to, being on the cusp of something special. Aye, good one terry. Good luck to yous all. :thumbup

03 Oct 2019, 14:28

If it goes to min wage wont everyone just leave?

03 Oct 2019, 14:50

leolion855 wrote:If it goes to min wage wont everyone just leave?

Our wages won't reduce to the level of the minimum wage.
As our terms and conditions stagnate the minimum wage will slowly rise to the level we're paid today.

Staff turnover will obviously increase as the cost of living increases and the difference between our pay and physically less demanding jobs decreases.

Somewhere down the line when your basic is so poor you're struggling to live on it they'll offer a self employment model where the opportunity to earn more is there as long as you don't mind working 80 hrs a week, carrying all the financial risk and not being able to take a holiday.

Does that float your boat Leo?

03 Oct 2019, 15:00

Navalron wrote:Also what happened to, being on the cusp of something special. Aye, good one terry. Good luck to yous all. :thumbup

The 'being on the cusp of something special' quote was referring to the CDC pension scheme, as this article will show.

The next stage on the road to CDC implementation is for it be be included in the Queens Speech at the next state opening of parliament which is due on 14th October, unless something changes in the meantime.

The CWU obviously have no control over when the Queens speech is going to be, or even if CDC is included or not. We'll have to wait and see!

03 Oct 2019, 15:02

Woody Guthrie wrote:

As our terms and conditions stagnate the minimum wage will slowly rise to the level we're paid today.

If we get TUPE'd over to another company our terns and conditions would only be guaranteed for 12 months!

03 Oct 2019, 15:42

Woody Guthrie wrote:

Staff turnover will obviously increase as the cost of living increases and the difference between our pay and physically less demanding jobs decreases.

Somewhere down the line when your basic is so poor you're struggling to live on it they'll offer a self employment model where the opportunity to earn more is there as long as you don't mind working 80 hrs a week, carrying all the financial risk and not being able to take a holiday.

Does that float your boat Leo?

Like i said, id just leave to go somewhere with better t and cs, Surprisingly there are other businesses and job roles outside of royal mail. :shock:
I managed 20 years working elsewhere but even now with all this over us its still the best place ive worked at and i think the long termers here need to have their eyes opened to how real non unionized businesses operate

09 Oct 2019, 04:55

Like i said, id just leave to go somewhere with better t and cs, Surprisingly there are other businesses and job roles outside of royal mail. :shock:
I managed 20 years working elsewhere but even now with all this over us its still the best place ive worked at and i think the long termers here need to have their eyes opened to how real non unionized businesses operate[/quote]
tRY KEN LOACH'S FILM "SORRY WE MISSED YOU"...SOCIAL REALISM PRE-STRIKE...LET'S STICK IT BACK AT 'EM! :coolr

Previous page Next page

Page 4 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4