not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

A message to our part-time members: Back your union and vote YES.

29 Aug 2019, 15:44

29 Aug 2019, 16:33

I would have liked to read that but it's not very clear?

29 Aug 2019, 16:43

As its an offsite link there isn't much we can do to make it easier to read.

But in any browser use Ctrl and + and it will zoom in

Ctrl and 0 will reset back to 100% zoom when you have finished.

29 Aug 2019, 16:44

twoloops wrote:I would have liked to read that but it's not very clear?

Just to recap then:
We have failed to do anything about b&H in the workplace which we know affects you more than anyone else.
We have failed to get an agreement on holiday pay so go to ACAS and do it yourself.
We have done nothing about getting you improved contracts while we went to mediation to protect the SA of your full time colleagues.
We know your part time contract isn't a living wage and you will probably die in poverty in your old age but please vote yes.
We promise you more of the same after ........

Clearer?

29 Aug 2019, 17:00

Not sure about the threats of if RM get to lose a day off the USO, yes we know Saturday is a prime parcel day but as parcels aren't covered by the USO I think someone's trying to scaremonger us here to the point of insulting our intelligence, I'd like to guess that it would in fact be Saturday that was dropped for USO items resulting in the obvious mega job losses, RM will of course still be delivering parcels on Saturdays and probably Sundays as well but not by all of us.

29 Aug 2019, 17:52

clashcityrocker wrote:

Just to recap then:
We have failed to do anything about b&H in the workplace which we know affects you more than anyone else.
We have failed to get an agreement on holiday pay so go to ACAS and do it yourself.
We have done nothing about getting you improved contracts while we went to mediation to protect the SA of your full time colleagues.
We know your part time contract isn't a living wage and you will probably die in poverty in your old age but please vote yes.

Clearer?

Spot on clash
I'll throw in the perennial "no equivalent of 1 in 6 Saturdays" clusterfuck

29 Aug 2019, 18:17

ted_e_bear wrote:Not sure about the threats of if RM get to lose a day off the USO, yes we know Saturday is a prime parcel day but as parcels aren't covered by the USO I think someone's trying to scaremonger us here to the point of insulting our intelligence, I'd like to guess that it would in fact be Saturday that was dropped for USO items resulting in the obvious mega job losses, RM will of course still be delivering parcels on Saturdays and probably Sundays as well but not by all of us.

I think Tuesdays are more likely to get axed for USO items. The sequencing batches are normally quiet on a Monday

29 Aug 2019, 18:18

clashcityrocker wrote:

Just to recap then:

Clearer?

:Applause

29 Aug 2019, 18:34

ted_e_bear wrote:Not sure about the threats of if RM get to lose a day off the USO, yes we know Saturday is a prime parcel day but as parcels aren't covered by the USO I think someone's trying to scaremonger us here to the point of insulting our intelligence, I'd like to guess that it would in fact be Saturday that was dropped for USO items resulting in the obvious mega job losses, RM will of course still be delivering parcels on Saturdays and probably Sundays as well but not by all of us.

It doesnt matter what day it is, if we reduce to a 5 day operation we will lose thousands of staff.

29 Aug 2019, 18:48

Why has this been targeted at only part time workers?

Has the CWU only just realised that the number of part time staff now in offices are now beginning to outnumber full time staff?
Maybe the CWU should brief their office reps that they represent all CWU members, not just full timers
We have 2 union reps in our office, a 4 day 10 hours man. who is only interested in protecting the 4 day jobs and is not interested in anyone else because that will affect him and his small circle of friends. his answer to any questions asked is to find out for yourself.
The other a deputy CWU rep, who to be honest i am not sure who side he is on, on a daily basis he is dropping CWU members in it with management. to me this is conduct unbecoming of a CWU rep.
at the 4 pillars union meeting a few of us took up our issues with divisional CWU reps, they were totally unaware of what was going on in our office. despite them agreeing that the reps in out office were going against the CWU national policies they have don't nothing about it in 2 years, despite idle promises they would,
if this is being repeated nationwide then the CWU could struggle to get a YES vote through, people are loosing confidence in CWU and it all starts with the reps in the offices, if they can't be bothered, why should we?

29 Aug 2019, 18:50

clashcityrocker wrote:Just to recap then:

Clearer?

Fantastic this should be blown up & pasted to every wall in every office.

Sadly I can't see many part-timers voting for strike action, they do not earn enough, some of our full timers caved in last time with the threats of " You'll not get any Christmas stamps?"

29 Aug 2019, 19:28

clashcityrocker wrote:

Just to recap then:

Clearer?

And can you at least hold the union meetings after the part timers start time instead of 6 30

29 Aug 2019, 20:52

Gasman11 wrote:

It doesnt matter what day it is, if we reduce to a 5 day operation we will lose thousands of staff.

Dropping the uso for 1 day , hopefully Saturday but making us 7 days for parcels is the way forward in my opinion .

29 Aug 2019, 21:05

chickenwittle wrote:
Gasman11 wrote:

Dropping the uso for 1 day , hopefully Saturday but making us 7 days for parcels is the way forward in my opinion .

Thats exactly what I think will happen, Saturday will be the day that's dropped for regular mail. Then parcels,specials,tracked etc will be delivered from the lat offices on Saturdays..just a guess from me don't hold me to it !

29 Aug 2019, 21:09

And you'd be ok with the thousands of job losses that would be lost as a result of that business strategy?

29 Aug 2019, 21:14

Gasman11 wrote:

5 days for letters , 7 for parcels is what’s needed . Union are saying it won’t be Saturday dropped , I would like to hear what Royal Mail have to say on this first .

29 Aug 2019, 21:17

Gasman11 wrote:And you'd be ok with the thousands of job losses that would be lost as a result of that business strategy?

That won’t happen as we would be providing a 7 day service . Union and Royal Mail need to start being truthful to much scare mongering going on as usual.

29 Aug 2019, 21:22

You genuinely believe all of the changes being proposed by RM wont involve any job losses?

29 Aug 2019, 21:41

So significant job losses then. No further questions your honour :arrrghhh

29 Aug 2019, 21:46

Gasman11 wrote:You genuinely believe all of the changes being proposed by RM wont involve any job losses?

Not the numbers that are being mentioned , this is supposed to be a 5 year plan , plenty will have left the business in that time in one way or another.If the union could get a deal on no compulsory job losses then I think it would work.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3