not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

National Industrial Action Ballot

05 Oct 2019, 13:17

Acca Dacca wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
Acca Dacca wrote:Isn't that the whole point of the 'to rule' part of work to rule that you're not doing anything wrong?

I think if Royal Mail wanted to be arsey they would start enforcing a work to rule and anyone that fell foul of it would be dismissed.

No seat belt, parcels in the front of vans, leaving the trolley unattended for more than 10 minutes, leaving vans and trolleys unlocked, failing to secure the mail, signing for stuff, doorstepping, not delivering D2D properly - the things people do every day that they shouldn't.
If RM instigated a work to rule I reckon 20 000 jobs would easily go in 4/5 years.

They are all enforced already by RM as it is

And their managers know damn well it goes on and ignore it because if they didn't the job wouldn't get done or their favourites wouldn't be able to ghost overtime or go home early.

Managers and RM wouldn't dare enforce a work to rule, it would be disastrous for them and do more damage than us going on strike.

06 Oct 2019, 16:17

Sugar wrote:
Acca Dacca wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
Acca Dacca wrote:Isn't that the whole point of the 'to rule' part of work to rule that you're not doing anything wrong?

I think if Royal Mail wanted to be arsey they would start enforcing a work to rule and anyone that fell foul of it would be dismissed.

No seat belt, parcels in the front of vans, leaving the trolley unattended for more than 10 minutes, leaving vans and trolleys unlocked, failing to secure the mail, signing for stuff, doorstepping, not delivering D2D properly - the things people do every day that they shouldn't.
If RM instigated a work to rule I reckon 20 000 jobs would easily go in 4/5 years.

They are all enforced already by RM as it is

And their managers know damn well it goes on and ignore it because if they didn't the job wouldn't get done or their favourites wouldn't be able to ghost overtime or go home early.

Managers and RM wouldn't dare enforce a work to rule, it would be disastrous for them and do more damage than us going on strike.

So very true. They enforce the rules only with those who do the job properly and book the most as a consequence or gvie them grief over how much work they have (also as a result of doing the job properly). In my experience much of the work force are conditioned by local management to ignore nationally agreed procedures and policies because they all slow the job down and affect the manager bonus level. This is what the ballot should be about too, remove these incentives.

06 Oct 2019, 18:29

[
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 01:08, edited 1 time in total.

06 Oct 2019, 19:16

Has anyone else's office taken on multi prepping? This has cost plenty of part timers full time hours? I'm confused as to who agreed to this?

06 Oct 2019, 20:10

97gaz wrote:
Walking boots wrote:I have no clue why we might be going on strike, the only information I have is what I've read on here, our rep doesn't have a clue either, someone asked him today and he said he doesn't know what it's about but we should all vote yes, its laughable that we are all expected to lose money but nobody wants to take the time to explain why and what strikes could achieve

fb1969 wrote:I would guess that less than 10% of our office know anything about the situation, let alone a pending ballot for industrial action. Our rep was on leave last week, he's been in this week but apart from walking round with a pile of Trimble reports, telling people what they had done wrong while driving, I've heard and seen nothing of him. Then again I am part time, its possible he's said something long before the part timers start.

Jesus. The CWU need their arses kicking. It was the same with the last dispute. There's a rabbit off here.

The biggest point for me in this dispute is the staff losses. ROYAL MAIL PLAN TO ABSORB I IN 6 DUTIES IN EVERY F888KING OFFICE. NOT SELECTED OFFICES. EVERY OFFICE. If you're one of the one in six then your job is gone and you're joining the dole. Unless you work in one of the 300 LAT offices in which case you'll be delivering practically all the packets for multiple offices and you'll be working 12-8pm. If you are not in one of the one in six then you're getting 20% extra work added to your delivery.

Here's your choices.
1 The Dole
2 packets from 12-8pm
3 20% extra delivery work in the same hours.

Royal Mail have spent a fortune on these new parcel hubs and investing over £1billion so they are going to want a return on that money. Change IS going to happen. We need a yes vote to try to get the best deal we can from these changes.

Forget about the sodding three pillars crap and the shorter working week. They're not going to honour that because the agreement relied on savings and we haven't had any. It's a bloody red herring.

Could,nt agree more about sww bollox.

06 Oct 2019, 23:01

Other than our Union rep who is somehow sold on the idea I don't know another postie who wanted the SWW or who thinks it is a good idea to take time away from us to complete the job when there isn't enough time to get it all done. It makes no sense!!!
Better to ask us what we do want. It's like the MPs getting a majority vote to leave the EU and then doing their utmost to stop us leaving the EU.

07 Oct 2019, 10:07

It makes sense when the SWW gives us a pay rise. By taking one hour off the working week, we get a pay rise...

07 Oct 2019, 10:15

I was under the impression that the union want the SWW to offset the drop in indoor work.

07 Oct 2019, 15:30

Celgar wrote:Other than our Union rep who is somehow sold on the idea I don't know another postie who wanted the SWW or who thinks it is a good idea to take time away from us to complete the job when there isn't enough time to get it all done. It makes no sense!!!
Better to ask us what we do want. It's like the MPs getting a majority vote to leave the EU and then doing their utmost to stop us leaving the EU.

Theoretically, because it depends on future work load, the SWW both protects current jobs and opens up the possibility of more jobs going forward.

07 Oct 2019, 18:43

Janet Brum wrote:It makes sense when the SWW gives us a pay rise. By taking one hour off the working week, we get a pay rise...

Only for part timers. Full timers do fewer hours for the same money. It’s not a pay rise for them, just an hourly rate rise. A full timer will get no extra cash.

07 Oct 2019, 19:47

No, but they would work one our less, same in my eyes...

08 Oct 2019, 00:13

Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 01:09, edited 1 time in total.

08 Oct 2019, 00:25

[
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 01:08, edited 1 time in total.

08 Oct 2019, 06:22

And as we aren't paying for it by increased productivity

Taking an hour of the working week automatically increases productivity as long as you're covering the same workload.

It only fails if management fail to implement it properly.

08 Oct 2019, 17:00

Janet Brum wrote:No, but they would work one our less, same in my eyes...

Then if it’s a pay rise, tell me one thing I could buy with the extra money.

08 Oct 2019, 19:35

[
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 01:09, edited 1 time in total.

08 Oct 2019, 20:14

Biker Mouse wrote:
Janet Brum wrote:No, but they would work one our less, same in my eyes...

Then if it’s a pay rise, tell me one thing I could buy with the extra money.

Basically, having one hour off your duty means you will make money from the OT being paid for that hour in order for you to complete your duty :)
Unless you finish early like many others...

09 Oct 2019, 18:14

The extra hour off the working week was to be funded by delivery offices receiving more Mech and less manual letters so could reduce the indoor time. The trials for the on street merging of mail and other new delivery methods and no throwing sequenced mail into your frames didn't work so the savings expected weren't realized resulting in no extra hour off the working week. It is self explanatory if you follow things over the entire year.

The only fault the union should have foreseen was that the trials would fail and they should have not agreed to the absolute requirement for the savings to be self funded in the second year. They should have got an agreement to continue working to find a solution to achieve the required savings/productivity improvement to trigger the second hour off the week without the savings to have actually been made.

09 Oct 2019, 18:38

It's not really got much to do with mech or delivery method trials.

It's actually more to do with the fact that the business and the union couldn't agree a funding formula that could be fairly applied across the entire business.

There are huge differences in efficiency across the business from area to area and for some less efficient areas a 5% saving would be a piece of piss, for other offices that are already full of part-time staff and working their nuts off a 5% saving would crucify the staff.

Royal Mail wants the less efficient offices to take a bigger slice of the pain, unfortunately for them these are the most militant, highly unionised and organised offices.

09 Oct 2019, 18:49

97gaz wrote:
Walking boots wrote:I have no clue why we might be going on strike, the only information I have is what I've read on here, our rep doesn't have a clue either, someone asked him today and he said he doesn't know what it's about but we should all vote yes, its laughable that we are all expected to lose money but nobody wants to take the time to explain why and what strikes could achieve

fb1969 wrote:I would guess that less than 10% of our office know anything about the situation, let alone a pending ballot for industrial action. Our rep was on leave last week, he's been in this week but apart from walking round with a pile of Trimble reports, telling people what they had done wrong while driving, I've heard and seen nothing of him. Then again I am part time, its possible he's said something long before the part timers start.

Jesus. The CWU need their arses kicking. It was the same with the last dispute. There's a rabbit off here.

The biggest point for me in this dispute is the staff losses. ROYAL MAIL PLAN TO ABSORB I IN 6 DUTIES IN EVERY F888KING OFFICE. NOT SELECTED OFFICES. EVERY OFFICE. If you're one of the one in six then your job is gone and you're joining the dole. Unless you work in one of the 300 LAT offices in which case you'll be delivering practically all the packets for multiple offices and you'll be working 12-8pm. If you are not in one of the one in six then you're getting 20% extra work added to your delivery.

Here's your choices.
1 The Dole
2 packets from 12-8pm
3 20% extra delivery work in the same hours.

Royal Mail have spent a fortune on these new parcel hubs and investing over £1billion so they are going to want a return on that money. Change IS going to happen. We need a yes vote to try to get the best deal we can from these changes.

Forget about the sodding three pillars crap and the shorter working week. They're not going to honour that because the agreement relied on savings and we haven't had any. It's a bloody red herring.
start time and and finish time the same so why worry. What doesnt get done gets left behind for the runners

Previous page Next page

Page 5 of 6   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6