not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

UPDATE - HONOURING AND DEPLOYING THE FOUR PILLARS AND PAY AGREEMENT

03 Aug 2019, 08:12

Your (managers) briefing pack Group Communications · February/March 2018
Edit;
2. PAY AND SHORTER WORKING WEEK***
"From October 2019, a further one-hour reduction to the working week, subject to a joint evaluation of factors including ongoing efficiency, implementation of changes from trials in the operation and technological changes.
A commitment to move towards a 35-hour week by 2022.
From October 2018, new full-time colleagues will be recruited on a 35-hour week.

5. PART-TIME COLLEAGUES
An increase in hourly rate of pay in October 2018 and 2019 to reflect the shorter working week of full-time colleagues. This is in addition to the pay award for all eligible colleagues.
We will honour our agreements regarding part-time colleagues:"

Terry Pullinger states Royal Mail should honour the four pillars agreement re SWW. The extract above is clear on that commitment.
In 8 weeks time, according to the CWU, the hourly rate will not increase. However this change has not been announced by Royal Mail.(they did announce managers were not receiving their usual bonus)
I would like to know officially if a I am not going to receive the expected (circa) 2.5% pay rise on 1st October 2019.

10 Aug 2019, 03:11

rogersh wrote:Your (managers) briefing pack Group Communications · February/March 2018
Edit;
"From October 2019, a further one-hour reduction to the working week, subject to a joint evaluation of factors including ongoing efficiency, implementation of changes from trials in the operation and technological changes.
From October 2018, new full-time colleagues will be recruited on a 35-hour week.

5. PART-TIME COLLEAGUES
An increase in hourly rate of pay in October 2018 and 2019 to reflect the shorter working week of full-time colleagues. This is in addition to the pay award for all eligible colleagues.

Terry Pullinger states Royal Mail should honour the four pillars agreement re SWW. The extract above is clear on that commitment.
In 8 weeks time, according to the CWU, the hourly rate will not increase. However this change has not been announced by Royal Mail.(they did announce managers were not receiving their usual bonus)
I would like to know officially if a I am not going to receive the expected (circa) 2.5% pay rise on 1st October 2019.

Well that would be a case of breaking the previous pay agreement and thus a need for a ballot of all members as they will not get a 2.45% pay increase or the one hour off just remember it is not just a case of them abiding by past agreements if they can break their word so soon how can we trust them for now or ever. Rico Back is an capitalistic individual who made his money by living off the backs of his own workers he made workers pay for leave or sickness or even leaving his domain just like slaves did are we to be bonded with RB on our backs?

21 Aug 2019, 18:59

rogersh wrote:Your (managers) briefing pack Group Communications · February/March 2018
Edit;

5. PART-TIME COLLEAGUES

pROBABLY GET A NEW CONTRACT WHEN WE LEAVE eUROPE INSTEAD, FELLA/LASS...SIGN FOR NEW TERMS OR LEAVE AND WE''LL GET ANOTHER BOD TO FILL YER BOOTS. tIME IS TICKING FOR A WHOLE SET OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND YOU CAN BE SURE IT WILL BE IN THE TORY-BOY/GIRL INTERESTS NOT THE LABOUR MAN/WOMAN'S. r.i.p cwu the time for action is now NOT LATER!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :nervous :hmmmm :wave

UPDATE – HONOURING AND DEPLOYING THE FOUR PILLARS AND PAY AGREEMENT

21 Aug 2019, 21:07

wf wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:
How can you really expect the sheep to do the job properly?
I’m sick of hearing that argument
There have been workers doing the job properly for years only to be broken by bullying managers

I spent years trying to encourage members to "do the job properly" only to finally see it for what it was once I started spending time with senior union officials.

It's an excuse to pass the buck, to do nothing to help frontline staff, it's nothing more than a handy get out clause for lazy reps who can't be arsed defending their unit, area or division and it goes all the way up to the top of the union. Everything would be so much better if members just did the job properly, it's really all their fault blah blah blah.

You stop the bullying, the pressure, the constant harassment members will in the most part do the job properly, you leave them at the mercy of management they will quite rightly do what they have to do to keep their job and their sanity.

So true . They really need to deal with this or the union is dead and worthless .why are people going to keep paying dues for a service they arent getting
The same old argument about pay rises is no good when your getting tortured by these people and not getting help

Great post :Applause

21 Aug 2019, 21:15

Woody Guthrie wrote:
It is self defeating and inaccurate for management to ignore these 2 time chunks and for them to conclude that a duty is too easy and needs to have additional deliveries added.

Exactly.
There's a huge difference between encouraging staff to start on time on take their breaks which is never a bad thing and making ridiculous claims that management will just add another half hour to a delivery that's finishing half an hour early. As I've already pointed out it's the postie finishing early not the duty and Royal Mail doesn't allocate work to individuals, it allocates work to duties. What happens when the duty changes hands an a day off, annual leave or a resign? You then have a failing duty.

Management may not be the smartest but they're not going to deliberately set duties up to fail, they may do it through sheer incompetence but not as a work plan because it will do what every manager tries to avoid. It would bring them to the attention of their own managers.

They would. They'd sooner have to deal with a bit of excess on overtime by the reserve rather than pay the regular to finish an hr early every day, they are on it 46 weeks a yr.

Previous page Next page

Page 3 of 3   1, 2, 3