not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

DGSP Terry Pullinger on the current talks with Royal Mail

23 Jul 2019, 16:45

23 Jul 2019, 16:58

No revisions for 4 years, we haven't had one for nearly 9 years Terry.

23 Jul 2019, 17:27

Marshamp11 wrote:No revisions for 4 years, we haven't had one for nearly 9 years Terry.

Walks go bigger with revisions

23 Jul 2019, 17:55

arnold cheshire wrote:
Marshamp11 wrote:No revisions for 4 years, we haven't had one for nearly 9 years Terry.

Walks go bigger with revisions

I agree. So when we do have one I will probably be going 2 hours over my time everyday instead of just an hour.

23 Jul 2019, 18:03

Removed my post from each quote

23 Jul 2019, 18:22

Because no-one seen this coming. :roll:

23 Jul 2019, 18:45

can see it now, virtually zero negotiations until we get balloted for IA again, then by october we give notice to strike in november, then either RM block it again or enter talks taking them into january, then talks end with no resolution!
my wife works in an industry with 2 recognised unions, both are losing members due to them to talking the talk but refuse to walk the walk,
the CWU hierarchy need to push them to the limit asap not keep giving ultimatums and olive branches,
ballot us NOW before/during any mediation

23 Jul 2019, 19:33

korky wrote:ballot us NOW before/during any mediation

Won't RM just go to court and get a ballot that's done before mediation declared null and void?

23 Jul 2019, 19:38

Maybe RM are waiting for Brexit to scare people off striking ...

23 Jul 2019, 19:45

korky wrote:can see it now, virtually zero negotiations until we get balloted for IA again, then by october we give notice to strike in november, then either RM block it again or enter talks taking them into january, then talks end with no resolution!
my wife works in an industry with 2 recognised unions, both are losing members due to them to talking the talk but refuse to walk the walk,
the CWU hierarchy need to push them to the limit asap not keep giving ultimatums and olive branches,
ballot us NOW before/during any mediation

to be fair to the cwu they jumped in feet first last time and learned from that and r/m stopped any I/a through court , but this time they have done it right by talking to the company and by listening to this the company don't give a f**k about the staff and if you don't like it then f**k off to be blunt , then they will go into mediation and if still no joy then they will ballot for I/a and r/m wont be able to stop that unless they change there way of thinking :thumbup .

23 Jul 2019, 19:56

The Postman wrote:Because no-one seen this coming. :roll:

Indeed many of us here a few years ago said it was a bad deal. It was felt RM would backtrack on it sometime.

Unfortunately that may be proved to be right.

23 Jul 2019, 20:55

No mention of parcel separation. Bullying culture still as bad as ever.

23 Jul 2019, 21:04

Given the walkouts due to bullying you'd think Terry could at least use the word. There's enough hot air already, without him adding to it.

23 Jul 2019, 22:25

Looks like one of the Kray twins minus the air of menace. How this industry needs a Bob Crowe

23 Jul 2019, 23:00

As a general rule revisions usually are done to make the walks longer by dropping walks and reworking routes. We need to be careful and think whether we want to go down that route as in many DOs the walks are not as long as in other DOs.
I do like the idea of incorporating the effect of the SWW into walk revisions as so far the work level has either stayed the same or increased but the SWW has taken time away which is complete bonkers.
Terry did mention the consultants but not parcel separation specifically. The trouble is posties who are signed up to this forum or maybe other sources know what is happening but people relying on the CWU or RM are completely in the dark to be honest.
Managerial B&H is a BIG problem now and it needs to be sorted but the new parcel strategy is going to change the business and not for the better plus it will bring tens of thousands of job losses. Fighting the parcel strategy has to be number one issue I feel.
The union has to follow the process. The external mediation is unlikely to bring agreement but it has to be done so we can start industrial action. Delivering everything together in one go is the best method so RM have to be convinced that our current method is the best way to continue. I fear we are on a hiding to nothing but I'm not willing to give up on it just yet.

23 Jul 2019, 23:56

why is it we were stopped from striking on a national scale by courts but single offices strike on a regular basis ? if the courts say no to strike action is it not possible just for each office to carry out their own strike which equates to a national strike ?

24 Jul 2019, 11:55

hero22 wrote:why is it we were stopped from striking on a national scale by courts but single offices strike on a regular basis ? if the courts say no to strike action is it not possible just for each office to carry out their own strike which equates to a national strike ?

The current wave of strikes are technically illegal as they are unballoted. If we had a nationwide series of unballoted strikes it's likely the Union would have legal action taken against it, including seizure of assets.

24 Jul 2019, 16:21

The Union is following procedure now as it should have done the last time as they didn't go to mediation, this time it will and if it fails we're balloting and we'll be out for Christmas but if it's a success then it's a 37hr week for full time and a pay rise for part time in October.

But my opinion, get ready for a battle.

24 Jul 2019, 21:31

Terry states; "The business seem reluctant to go into external mediation but they've got a choice - we either go into external mediation or we go straight to whatever the next route is for us to progress our disagreement."
So can Royal Mail choose to opt out of external mediation?

25 Jul 2019, 07:34

rogersh wrote:Terry states; "The business seem reluctant to go into external mediation but they've got a choice - we either go into external mediation or we go straight to whatever the next route is for us to progress our disagreement."
So can Royal Mail choose to opt out of external mediation?

Maybe they think the cwu won't get the backing for strike action if they ballot so are calling Terry's bluff or they want us to strike in September before the parcels ramp up towards christmas

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2