not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Royal Mail’s game changing parcel strategy

21 Feb 2019, 20:17

A quite brilliant idea I wish I thought of that so now when I deliver to an industrial estate University or the high Street I go with small parcelso followed by parcel force and then the PM driver only by that time they are closed :arrrghhh

21 Feb 2019, 20:22

Remember these are Royal Mail ‘s proposals and are not supported by the CWU.

I doubt the business is trembling with fear at the threat of a lack of support. If the union does nothing to stop these proposals they are basically accepting them. The members know that through experience. It's us or them, fence sitting and excuses are not an option. Deliveries are under constant attack, it's time someone stood up and made a noise.

21 Feb 2019, 20:23

I work at an LAT office which still delivers large Amazon parcels, and most of our shared van duties are currently delivering a full York of large parcels (around 20-30) that fit into the "above shoe-box size" category. A proposed duty covering LATs plus the large parcels from several of our van duties would be an interesting proposition, particularly as the adjacent offices that we cover on LATs are very rural and cover a very large geographical area.

21 Feb 2019, 20:32

ewancurze wrote:If all the big parcels are taken off us we could go back to Bikes :Very Happy
It could just be a variation of the old system where each section had one or 2 "Bulk" drivers who took the big parcels.......(or more often didn't!!!)
I regularly get 30 plus "Bulk" items on my paired delivery.

Bring the LAT duties forward a bit and they can drop off the pouch bags too. So much for the everything-in-one-van efficiency of P&L :crazy:

21 Feb 2019, 20:33

Can't see the point, the larger DOs probably only get about 5 yorks of large normally, probably works out at about 2-3 per walk. Tracked large will still need to be scanned by MCs. More and more often now we get Tracked small and large mixed together and non-Tracked mixed in with the Tracked. Also small and large normal often mixed together.

21 Feb 2019, 20:38

Woody Guthrie wrote:

I doubt the business is trembling with fear at the threat of a lack of support. If the union does nothing to stop these proposals they are basically accepting them. The members know that through experience. It's us or them, fence sitting and excuses are not an option. Deliveries are under constant attack, it's time someone stood up and made a noise.

and if it comes down to it everybody will get together again and support the CWU , as we all know what will work and wont .

21 Feb 2019, 20:41

number one wrote:Potentially they will be taking 4/5 large parcels off you and giving you 125 delivery points plus 15/20 smaller parcels

Exactly. It just isn't going to work. Do we still have the option to work our hrs? Coz that's what we'll be doing. No way is taking 10 pkts off you going to free up time to deliver an hr of another walk. If this is the game changing plan , I'm selling my shares now!!

21 Feb 2019, 20:43

Does this have anything to do with the network 19 review and moving 17t from mc’s? So they will go directly from the regional centres bypassing the mc’s?

21 Feb 2019, 20:59

Jamie162 wrote:Does this have anything to do with the network 19 review and moving 17t from mc’s? So they will go directly from the regional centres bypassing the mc’s?

Won't happen here, most of the DOs can't handle 17t lorries. My gut feeling with the Network 19 is that mail will arrive even later in MCs with DOs having to start even later as a result

21 Feb 2019, 21:04

SpacePhoenix wrote:Can't see the point, the larger DOs probably only get about 5 yorks of large normally, probably works out at about 2-3 per walk. Tracked large will still need to be scanned by MCs. More and more often now we get Tracked small and large mixed together and non-Tracked mixed in with the Tracked. Also small and large normal often mixed together.

2-3 per walk, you are having a laugh Once you separate all the parcels above shoebox size packets out of the normal packet yorks it boosts the number of "large" parcels hugely.

21 Feb 2019, 21:09

dingo wrote:Just to clarify at the moment there are 302 LAT offices which deliver to every postcode. When the parcel automation is introduced , it sort the parcels branded 3 & 4 for every unit to just those 302 LAT units and they will deliver from those LAT units to all postcodes.

Therefore if you are delivery office who is not an LAT unit and remember there are 1200 delivery units and 302 LAT units , you will not see these parcels come into your office anymore and obviously that will mean a reduction in workload.

Lol, good luck with that if an office covers hundreds of miles of rural duties.

Might get all the parcels done by midnight. :cuppa

21 Feb 2019, 21:12

Tomolo208 wrote:Hmmm. Its actually a plan, for once. Is it based on information collected from the PDA actuals I wonder.

If they can prove that the big parcels take 20% of your day on delivery then they are more than justified to take that work off you and add an extra 20%.

Plenty of time would be saved in our office from people walking around trying to find where each big packet goes in the morning.

Will be interesting to see how they allocate the increase in evening duties.

I certainly don't spend 1hr a day doing large pkts on my duty.

21 Feb 2019, 21:20

Could you clarify dingo,

I might have picked you up wrong but did you say that if your office doesnt do LAT parcels just now then in the future we wont get the work at all?

How would we be losing work if we never had the work to begin with?

I assume my office doesnt do LAT as ive never heard of it till now but then it would really have to be considering the size of my office and location so im unsure.
Last edited by Acca Dacca on 21 Feb 2019, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.

21 Feb 2019, 21:22

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Jamie162 wrote:Does this have anything to do with the network 19 review and moving 17t from mc’s? So they will go directly from the regional centres bypassing the mc’s?

Won't happen here, most of the DOs can't handle 17t lorries. My gut feeling with the Network 19 is that mail will arrive even later in MCs with DOs having to start even later as a result

But out of all the do’s in your area how many are going to be lat offices that this applies to? If it’s 300 out of 1200 that’s 1/4

21 Feb 2019, 21:27

Acca Dacca wrote:Could you clarify dingo,

I might have picked you up wrong but did you say that if your office doesnt do LAT parcels just now then in the future we wont get the work at all?

I assume my office doesnt do LAT as ive never heard of it till now but then it would really have to be considering the size of my office and location so im unsure.

The work you would lose is all parcels bigger than a shoebox that the lat offices will be delivering for you. Knock on would be less ips time needed for sorting parcels, scanning bigger tracked items in etc. The knock on would be your out earlier and able to get round quicker so are able to pick up a 1/5th of the walk that disappears .... Or that's what royal mail thinks anyway

21 Feb 2019, 21:32

All parcels that would have previously been sent to your office above the quoted size will be sent directly to the office covering LAT parcels in your area and delivered by them along with the LAT parcels

21 Feb 2019, 21:35

So can somebody please correct me if I am incorrect. I will try and ask the question the best I can.

Currently we are an LAT office that covers our own and 3 nearby offices.

My office currently has 55 walks so if each walk has say 5 large parcels thats 275 parcels.
Add to this the other parcels from the other offices and you could be looking at 600-800 parcels now at a rate of 15 an hour that’s certainly going to take a lot longer than they pay out for LATs at the moment
Last edited by number one on 21 Feb 2019, 21:36, edited 1 time in total.

21 Feb 2019, 21:35

citypostie wrote:

The work you would lose is all parcels bigger than a shoebox that the lat offices will be delivering for you. Knock on would be less ips time needed for sorting parcels, scanning bigger tracked items in etc. The knock on would be your out earlier and able to get round quicker so are able to pick up a 1/5th of the walk that disappears .... Or that's what royal mail thinks anyway

Our LAT stuff comes in and goes out with the normal dispatches. Anything after that will fail as earlies don't have the staff to spare to do it. Bigger Tracked items will still come through the MCs, many of the yorks of "large" Tracked items will often be over half small, vice-versa for the sleeves of small

21 Feb 2019, 21:45

As if walking for nearly 5 hours isnt enough, I guess walks are approaching the 6 hour mark, if they get to this stage they can :wave

21 Feb 2019, 21:49

SpacePhoenix wrote:
citypostie wrote:

Our LAT stuff comes in and goes out with the normal dispatches. Anything after that will fail as earlies don't have the staff to spare to do it. Bigger Tracked items will still come through the MCs, many of the yorks of "large" Tracked items will often be over half small, vice-versa for the sleeves of small

I'm talking from a non lat delivery office view. What dingo has said offices like mine won't have any parcels larger than a shoebox to sort or deliver enabling supposedly 1 in 6 duties disappearing. What happens to them before they get to the lat office won't alter the fact they won't end up at my office unless he meant only non tracked larger than a shoebox, if he did this won't make enough of a time saving to cover 1 round between 10 duties never mind 5 as most larger parcels are tracked now anyway
Last edited by citypostie on 21 Feb 2019, 21:55, edited 1 time in total.

Previous page Next page

Page 3 of 13   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13