not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

04 Jul 2019, 20:44

Mick100 wrote:Who cares come in on time take your breaks and don't rush round like a lunatic on rocket fuel you have a finish time

I'm not particularly looking forward to seeing jobs go, a two tier workforce and spending the vast majority of my working day in the pissing rain delivering mail.

If it just came down to a start time and a finish time and RM can do anything to us in between there isn't much point in having a union.

03 Mar 2020, 16:17

The bigger picture here is that they can in effect create a separate parcels business within Royal Mail itself. If as they predict mail will drop by 25% they could offload the letters business and follow a model closer to Hermes, I also do wonder if they're trying to eventually follow a Franchise model. The management do seem a little too happy in our DO. Time will tell. I think the way forward for staff is a work to rule and bring the mail back to DO if over your time.

03 Mar 2020, 17:36

groovyghouly wrote:The management do seem a little too happy in our DO. Time will tell.

Wonder how long it'll be before RM look to save a load of money and make most managers into "Team Leaders" (normal OPG pay rate + leadership allowance). My gut feeling is that there's a fair difference in pay between a postie with leadership allowance and a line manager

groovyghouly wrote:I think the way forward for staff is a work to rule and bring the mail back to DO if over your time.

That would have to be balloted for otherwise it could get classed as unofficial industrial action

04 Mar 2020, 16:55

Have the union agreed to this method?

Previous page Next page

Page 13 of 13   1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13