not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Royal Mail’s game changing parcel strategy

21 Feb 2019, 18:10

That's not how I read it citypostie, Dingo said the sixth dutyholder would be the parcel deliverer.

No.
Only LAT offices will deliver the large 3/4(over shoe box size) parcels for an entire area. The majority of offices just won't see those parcels again or the jobs.

21 Feb 2019, 18:18

Woody Guthrie wrote:
That's not how I read it citypostie, Dingo said the sixth dutyholder would be the parcel deliverer.

No.
Only LAT offices will deliver the large 3/4(over shoe box size) parcels for an entire area. The majority of offices just won't see those parcels again or the jobs.

Forgive me for my ignorance but who what do you mean 'wont see those parcels again'?

Who will deliver them?

21 Feb 2019, 18:20

Dingo posted

By doing this they estimate that by collapsing 1 walk in every 6 , that one would become the late
Parcel duty/LAT. The remaining 5 could absorb the 6th duty
As they would no longer be delivering large parcels.

I have had a long day so sorry if I am being thick.

I think the penny has just dropped, in the non LAT offices the six will become 5 but there will not be a driver in those offices, which is where the job losses will occur. No job losses in the LAT offices though if I am correct. The LAT drivers will presumably deliver the large parcels for the non LAT area as well then?
Last edited by mickeymacca on 21 Feb 2019, 18:33, edited 1 time in total.

21 Feb 2019, 18:20

I have never known a company chop and change work practices so much as RM do without thinking what the ramifications will be,you just get used to working one way,then they decide to change things,I saw it happen countless times in all the years I was a postie. They just seem to go round and round in circles then some bright spark who most likely has never been a postie will come up with some crazy idea. I wonder what the next job change will be,the mind boggles!!
Oh I am so so glad I am out of all this!! :dance

21 Feb 2019, 18:47

mickeymacca wrote:Dingo posted

By doing this they estimate that by collapsing 1 walk in every 6 , that one would become the late
Parcel duty/LAT. The remaining 5 could absorb the 6th duty
As they would no longer be delivering large parcels.

I have had a long day so sorry if I am being thick.

I think the penny has just dropped, in the non LAT offices the six will become 5 but there will not be a driver in those offices, which is where the job losses will occur. No job losses in the LAT offices though if I am correct. The LAT drivers will presumably deliver the large parcels for the non LAT area as well then?

yes , say 60 deliverys absorb into 50 (10 jobs gone) and the LAT hubs deliver all the large parcels for that office , what a joke as they would have to take more than your large parcels off some deliverys just to complete now never mind adding more calls. :crazy:

21 Feb 2019, 18:51

I wonder when the next strike vote will be? :roll:

21 Feb 2019, 18:59

Brandy wrote:I have never known a company chop and change work practices so much as RM do without thinking what the ramifications will be,you just get used to working one way,then they decide to change things,I saw it happen countless times in all the years I was a postie. They just seem to go round and round in circles then some bright spark who most likely has never been a postie will come up with some crazy idea. I wonder what the next job change will be,the mind boggles!!
Oh I am so so glad I am out of all this!! :dance

Am I reading this right Brandy?
Have you left Royal Mail and you're glad about it?..........you've never mentioned it, ever :arrrghhh

21 Feb 2019, 19:06

Forgive me for my ignorance but who what do you mean 'wont see those parcels again'?

Who will deliver them?

The offices that currently deliver LAT parcels.
Our office currently does.
These are back shift duties at the moment mostly covered by overtime but if they're looking to expand it to this level they will be bespoke duties.
Parcels for DOs that don't do LATs will go directly to the offices that do so you won't even see those parcels, you'll just lose the duties.

21 Feb 2019, 19:14

Woody Guthrie wrote:

Who will deliver them?

The offices that currently deliver LAT parcels.
Our office currently does.
These are back shift duties at the moment mostly covered by overtime but if they're looking to expand it to this level they will be bespoke duties.
Parcels for DOs that don't do LATs will go directly to the offices that do so you won't even see those parcels, you'll just lose the duties.

and the jobs!

21 Feb 2019, 19:15

Just to clarify at the moment there are 302 LAT offices which deliver to every postcode. When the parcel automation is introduced , it sort the parcels branded 3 & 4 for every unit to just those 302 LAT units and they will deliver from those LAT units to all postcodes.

Therefore if you are delivery office who is not an LAT unit and remember there are 1200 delivery units and 302 LAT units , you will not see these parcels come into your office anymore and obviously that will mean a reduction in workload.

Remember these are Royal Mail ‘s proposals and are not supported by the CWU.

21 Feb 2019, 19:19

so will the union be balloting.

21 Feb 2019, 19:20

cos this rico guy is supposed to be a right upstart.

21 Feb 2019, 19:26

Another silly proposal.

Shoebox size or larger pacels aren't the issue it’s parcels that are smaller than that but still to big to just be pushed through and still require a knock on

21 Feb 2019, 19:39

Nearest LAT office to ours is over 30 miles away!

21 Feb 2019, 19:40

By doing this, these parcels will by pass the inward mail centre and will only need to cross docked.

How many jobs lost in MC's?

A rough guess would be similar to delivery Posties i.e. 1 in 6.

EVR anyone. :left: :left: :left:

21 Feb 2019, 19:44

If they try to do these new parcel/lat duties on the cheap with minimal postie's those rounds will be seriously long!

I'm assuming cone Christmas Time they will be sending loads of parcels to non lat dos and making temporary parcel duties/begging people to do them on overtime after they've completed their new mammoth duties

21 Feb 2019, 19:52

so whoever came up with this cunning plan think by doing this that you would have the scope to make deliverys longer ? by doing this it just may compensate for the hours lost for the shorter working week and not increase delivery sizes :crazy:

21 Feb 2019, 19:56

worktotime wrote:so whoever came up with this cunning plan think by doing this that you would have the scope to make deliverys longer ? by doing this it just may compensate for the hours lost for the shorter working week and not increase delivery sizes :crazy:

I'm guessing they are thinking the loss of parcels on delivery and ips meaning people out earlier will make these new monster deliveries doable. Plus they will no doubt come up with a new delivery method that will speed everyone up outside.....in their minds and on their computer screens anyway

21 Feb 2019, 19:59

Potentially they will be taking 4/5 large parcels off you and giving you 125 delivery points plus 15/20 smaller parcels

21 Feb 2019, 20:07

then come October onwards because the LAT hubs cant cope with the amount of parcels , they will just sling them back to the non LAT delivery offices to do , anyway the CWU shouldn't entertain this shite with the amount of jobs this would get rid of . anyway like Dingo said its only one of there bright ideas and nothing has been agreed with the CWU , so we shall see .

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 13   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13