not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE



Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

06 Apr 2019, 14:27

So when is all this crap supposed to be happening ? :arrrghhh

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

07 Apr 2019, 11:44

Drivers used to do big packets (>25) years ago. I remember all the arguments with the lazy drivers trying to do as little as possible.

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

07 Apr 2019, 12:46

Look at it from the companies position we have postman who can collect from post boxes and firms on their route and collection drivers who will then have more time to deliver packets on their route makes sense, unfortunately jobs will go unless we grow and thats what our target should be growth then its win win.

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

07 Apr 2019, 19:30

zz666 wrote:Drivers used to do big packets (>25) years ago. I remember all the arguments with the lazy drivers trying to do as little as possible.

If this plan is implemented, but on balance I don't think it will, then it will be different to when we had arguments with the parcel drivers over whether a parcel was large enough. Those parcels deemed to be 'large' will go straight to the LAT hubs so most DOs won't even see them anymore.

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

07 Apr 2019, 20:02

cpsteve wrote:Look at it from the companies position we have postman who can collect from post boxes and firms on their route and collection drivers who will then have more time to deliver packets on their route makes sense, unfortunately jobs will go unless we grow and thats what our target should be growth then its win win.

The thing is (as Celgar mentioned above) the large packets won't even be coming to the delivery offices so the collection drivers are going to be stuffed.

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

09 Apr 2019, 11:02

If you think about it reforming the collection duties is the obvious way to cut staff costs and one of the few choices RM have that cannot be prevented or obstructed by the union. Collections from post offices & firms still have to continue at the current times and that mail be transported to the MCs so there will still be collection SA duties needed. Alternatively that work might be possible to be covered by the LAT hubs in which case all the collection duties as they currently run would go. We all know how little mail is collected from the postboxes except at Xmas when there is a need for additional collections. Indeed the majority of mail in postboxes throughout the year are the various greetings cards and I think people might always want to do that. Collection duties are the sacrificial cow to hold off any more damaging ideas at least in the short term.

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

10 Apr 2019, 23:01

Deadly wrote:
cpsteve wrote:Look at it from the companies position we have postman who can collect from post boxes and firms on their route and collection drivers who will then have more time to deliver packets on their route makes sense, unfortunately jobs will go unless we grow and thats what our target should be growth then its win win.

The thing is (as Celgar mentioned above) the large packets won't even be coming to the delivery offices so the collection drivers are going to be stuffed.


Yes the non LAT offices will lose jobs not only collections, in fact all offices will get cuts as no large packets will shorten our walks.

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

12 Apr 2019, 18:49

no large packets will shorten our walks? how do you work that one out?.....I only had a handful of packets yesterday but I was still out till my time.

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

12 Apr 2019, 19:39

daveyeff wrote:no large packets will shorten our walks? how do you work that one out?.....I only had a handful of packets yesterday but I was still out till my time.


I only had a handful of packets yesterday but I was still out till my time.


Liar.

You had only a handful of packets larger than a shoebox did you? Bullshi...

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

13 Apr 2019, 14:07

Ren Hoëk wrote:
daveyeff wrote:no large packets will shorten our walks? how do you work that one out?.....I only had a handful of packets yesterday but I was still out till my time.


I only had a handful of packets yesterday but I was still out till my time.


Liar.

You had only a handful of packets larger than a shoebox did you? Bullshi...


I would say that the most I've had larger than a shoebox this week is about eight on Wednesday.
Today I had four.
Am I also a liar?

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

13 Apr 2019, 14:20

Woody Guthrie wrote:
Ren Hoëk wrote:
daveyeff wrote:no large packets will shorten our walks? how do you work that one out?.....I only had a handful of packets yesterday but I was still out till my time.


I only had a handful of packets yesterday but I was still out till my time.


Liar.

You had only a handful of packets larger than a shoebox did you? Bullshi...


I would say that the most I've had larger than a shoebox this week is about eight on Wednesday.
Today I had four.
Am I also a liar?


Apart from the fact that 8 packets is more than "a handful" I would still go out and say your are being creative with the truth. 8 biggies on a wednesday?! Our place are on 20-30 easy not including the ones we have squeezed in the bags.

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

13 Apr 2019, 14:52

Ren Hoëk wrote:Our place are on 20-30 easy not including the ones we have squeezed in the bags.

It is a fact that not all areas are the same.
Some have lost Amazon parcels to competitors.
Some areas with a high proportion of older people have less online shoppers.
The inability to understand that your reality may be different to someone else's reality is childish in the extreme.
On Friday we had 2 oversize packets. One was right by the parked van.
That was my reality on Friday. Accept it without calling people names.

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

13 Apr 2019, 15:24

clashcityrocker wrote:
Ren Hoëk wrote:Our place are on 20-30 easy not including the ones we have squeezed in the bags.

It is a fact that not all areas are the same.
Some have lost Amazon parcels to competitors.
Some areas with a high proportion of older people have less online shoppers.
The inability to understand that your reality may be different to someone else's reality is childish in the extreme.
On Friday we had 2 oversize packets. One was right by the parked van.
That was my reality on Friday. Accept it without calling people names.


Then Il remember all those people whose "reality" is only ever a handful of packets a day and if they EVER complain about having more piled on etc then Il have no sympathy. Some of us are getting hammered day in day out and still having more put on us. Still paid the same. High time these PDA actuals were utilised and evened this s**t out. I mean, you had 2 biggies FFS!

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

13 Apr 2019, 16:39

Ren Hoëk wrote:
daveyeff wrote:no large packets will shorten our walks? how do you work that one out?.....I only had a handful of packets yesterday but I was still out till my time.


I only had a handful of packets yesterday but I was still out till my time.


Liar.

You had only a handful of packets larger than a shoebox did you? Bullshi...

I had 4. my driver had 3 the rest totalled up to about 30 on my side, driver had about the same, all postable..we had a bulk posting of waterboard/hyperoptic and service charges, which kept us out till 14.25. if you still don't believe me I couldn't give a monkeys.

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

13 Apr 2019, 17:37

Today I had 1, yes 1, large parcel on a rural route. Parked outside the house, 2 minutes to deliver, if I had 120 calls instead of a large parcel which do RM think will take longer. If this comes in I will cut off.

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

14 Apr 2019, 08:32

I'm in an area where we still have the Amazon contract but even so removing large (shoebox+ size) parcels would make little to no difference to our duty time, maybe 10 mins max.

Apart from christmas pressure period (when they'll probably be dumped back on us as these new dedicated parcel duties won't be able to cope with the workload)

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

14 Apr 2019, 10:03

Does this mean that we would not be sorting the larger parcels in the morning, that they would come in post code sorted York's ready to deliver? Meaning we would get out earlier than at current time to absorb the 120 or so added calls?????? (We are an Amazon delivery office in rural Wales)

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

14 Apr 2019, 10:10

We still have the Amazon contract in my office and we also get plenty of other large parcels due to the town's poor shopping facilities and its isolated geographical position. Even the easiest of our shared van duties get at least 15 shoebox size and above parcels and most of them get 20-25, some get 30+....and these figures are at this time of the year.

Some time would certainly be saved on shared van duties in my office by these proposals, but we are also an LAT office (as are all the other offices we cover for LATs) and I have no faith whatsoever that the idiots in charge will be able to create the new duty structures required to cover this new format.

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

14 Apr 2019, 15:37

Itll take ages anyway, every walk in the country would have to be redesigned, and in my office as we are semi rural our walks are made of whole complete villages that like there post before 12pm, so that would mean having to split a few villages in half and the walks being 1 and half village a few miles apart,Any specials would mean we would have to choose which village to do daily first knocking out the tracking timed estimate and as we leave parcels at the local post office i could see this being difficult as we'd have to carry 3 loads of different p739s, one each for the different villages and one for the absorption rounds!

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

14 Apr 2019, 16:20

Ren Hoëk wrote:
daveyeff wrote:no large packets will shorten our walks? how do you work that one out?.....I only had a handful of packets yesterday but I was still out till my time.


I only had a handful of packets yesterday but I was still out till my time.


Liar.

You had only a handful of packets larger than a shoebox did you? Bullshi...


Ren Hoëk wrote:Then Il remember all those people whose "reality" is only ever a handful of packets a day and if they EVER complain about having more piled on etc then Il have no sympathy. Some of us are getting hammered day in day out and still having more put on us. Still paid the same. High time these PDA actuals were utilised and evened this s**t out. I mean, you had 2 biggies FFS!


Sorry but who said this?
...Also, Why concern yourself with the goings on of others......

Previous page Next page


Page 9 of 13   1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13