not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Royal Mails game changing parcel strategy : RM letter to Mark Baulch included

27 Mar 2019, 17:47

A latte is a coffee made with espresso and steamed milk.

If you order a latte in Italy you'll get a glass of milk...and a strange look.

27 Mar 2019, 18:35

Woody Guthrie wrote:

The same thing happens in Cambuslang.
But they don't give you a glass of milk.

27 Mar 2019, 21:22

I've never known a company that buggers about with all these grandiose plans of changing and revolutionising everything but is in effect thinking about doing a complete u-turn to how we used to work years ago!! Posties used to give these dedicated parcel drivers 'shoe-box size' parcels who in turn (because they had that many parcels) often used to throw them back to posties, who in turn refused to take it. Few posties liked being a parcel driver cause they had to deliver the specials plus drop the posties bags off and very often finished later than everyone else.

Personally, I would prefer delivering a dozen or so over-sized packets to walking an additional loop but it seems that this company is still trying to find little ways to try and get that bit extra out of us.

28 Mar 2019, 20:17

clashcityrocker wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:

The same thing happens in Cambuslang.
But they don't give you a glass of milk.

buckfast up that neck of the woods. ...loony juice.

28 Mar 2019, 21:19

postslippete wrote:I've never known a company that buggers about with all these grandiose plans of changing and revolutionising everything but is in effect thinking about doing a complete u-turn to how we used to work years ago!! Posties used to give these dedicated parcel drivers 'shoe-box size' parcels who in turn (because they had that many parcels) often used to throw them back to posties, who in turn refused to take it. Few posties liked being a parcel driver cause they had to deliver the specials plus drop the posties bags off and very often finished later than everyone else.

Personally, I would prefer delivering a dozen or so over-sized packets to walking an additional loop but it seems that this company is still trying to find little ways to try and get that bit extra out of us.

So very true,Ive said countless times that Ive never known a company chop and change working practices so much :d'oh! :d'oh! :d'oh! :d'oh! :d'oh!

30 Mar 2019, 00:45

I realise the trials on the new 'E-Trikes' have only just begun but the word is that they will be passed for our use dependant on location suitability. I'm unsure there will be enough space in the back to store all the mail to be delivered but their use does seem to line up the implementation of this new parcel strategy. There obviously wouldn't be any space to put parcels in the storage box on these E-Trikes.

01 Apr 2019, 20:03

Celgar wrote:I realise the trials on the new 'E-Trikes' have only just begun but the word is that they will be passed for our use dependant on location suitability. I'm unsure there will be enough space in the back to store all the mail to be delivered but their use does seem to line up the implementation of this new parcel strategy. There obviously wouldn't be any space to put parcels in the storage box on these E-Trikes.

Plus it solves the where does the non driver go conundrum

01 Apr 2019, 20:48

Acca Dacca wrote:
Celgar wrote:I realise the trials on the new 'E-Trikes' have only just begun but the word is that they will be passed for our use dependant on location suitability. I'm unsure there will be enough space in the back to store all the mail to be delivered but their use does seem to line up the implementation of this new parcel strategy. There obviously wouldn't be any space to put parcels in the storage box on these E-Trikes.

Not necessarily, from what I've read depending on the motor wattage and at what speeds it operates to, it's possible for it to require a motorbike licence

02 Apr 2019, 15:34

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Acca Dacca wrote:

Not necessarily, from what I've read depending on the motor wattage and at what speeds it operates to, it's possible for it to require a motorbike licence

These ones don’t.

02 Apr 2019, 16:56

all we will require to operate them is a red nose, rainbow coloured curly wig, big yellow spinning bow tie, patchwork baggy trousers, and big oversize shoes, with a bucket of custard.....hope the doors don't fall off the back and the tyres explode!! :crazy: :Very Happy

03 Apr 2019, 18:29

daveyeff wrote:all we will require to operate them is a red nose, rainbow coloured curly wig, big yellow spinning bow tie, patchwork baggy trousers, and big oversize shoes, with a bucket of custard.....hope the doors don't fall off the back and the tyres explode!! :crazy: :Very Happy

I think that is exactly how the public will see us we will be a laughing stock,although I don,t think the people in the large queue of cars stuck behind you will be laughing. :hmmmm

03 Apr 2019, 20:10

30+YEARMAN wrote:
daveyeff wrote:all we will require to operate them is a red nose, rainbow coloured curly wig, big yellow spinning bow tie, patchwork baggy trousers, and big oversize shoes, with a bucket of custard.....hope the doors don't fall off the back and the tyres explode!! :crazy: :Very Happy

I think that is exactly how the public will see us we will be a laughing stock,although I don,t think the people in the large queue of cars stuck behind you will be laughing. :hmmmm

So very true,I just cannot believe some of the ideas RM comes up with,you just couldnt make it up. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

04 Apr 2019, 14:36

Shared van duties are getting a tandem

04 Apr 2019, 16:20

steelgers wrote:Shared van duties are getting a tandem

Rolling around town like the Chuckle Brothers

04 Apr 2019, 18:56

So if 1 in 6 duties are being lost in non Lat delivery offices. The person who's duty is lost. Will they have to travel to the Lat delivery office and pick up there large parcels or will they maybe have to transfer to the lat delivery office. I presume there will be a few people doing large parcels if 1 in 6 duties are being collapsed?

04 Apr 2019, 22:56

:oops:
Northernpostie wrote:So if 1 in 6 duties are being lost in non Lat delivery offices. The person who's duty is lost. Will they have to travel to the Lat delivery office and pick up there large parcels or will they maybe have to transfer to the lat delivery office. I presume there will be a few people doing large parcels if 1 in 6 duties are being collapsed?

The LAT duties RM require have already been set up. The 1 in 6 posties will either be moved to other DOs that are short staffed or be laid off/made redundant.

05 Apr 2019, 15:36

Celgar wrote::oops:
Northernpostie wrote:So if 1 in 6 duties are being lost in non Lat delivery offices. The person who's duty is lost. Will they have to travel to the Lat delivery office and pick up there large parcels or will they maybe have to transfer to the lat delivery office. I presume there will be a few people doing large parcels if 1 in 6 duties are being collapsed?

The LAT duties RM require have already been set up. The 1 in 6 posties will either be moved to other DOs that are short staffed or be laid off/made redundant.

Have you just made that up? Who is doing the oversize parcels/LAT parcels duty then?
The 1 in 6 surely. With the other 5 doing his/her mail.

05 Apr 2019, 15:43

Celgar wrote:The LAT duties RM require have already been set up.

The current LAT duties are set up to handle a certain number of Tracked items, not to deliver every shoe box size packet (and bigger) in the same geographical area.
Those offices currently operating LAT duties will need extra duties (if indeed any of this ever comes to fruition)

05 Apr 2019, 16:20

Acca Dacca wrote:
Celgar wrote::oops:

Have you just made that up? Who is doing the oversize parcels/LAT parcels duty then?
The 1 in 6 surely. With the other 5 doing his/her mail.

What I have written is explained in more detail in the original post on page one. The objective is to reduce staff levels by 8000 and move delivery of large parcels to the current LAT hubs. The LATs currently have little or variable amounts of the LAT product to deliver and are being given other work such as lapsed deliveries etc to do which is not what was intended to happen.
I don't personally see this plan as being possible to achieve given that the vast majority of parcels are not large. Exchanging a relatively small amount of parcels, which would have been delivered anyway with the other mail, for 20% more delivery points does not equate to the same amount of time. Therefore I would predict, as with the majority of recent trials of changes to our processes, that this idea will also fail miserably.

05 Apr 2019, 17:45

clashcityrocker wrote:
Celgar wrote:The LAT duties RM require have already been set up.

The current LAT duties are set up to handle a certain number of Tracked items, not to deliver every shoe box size packet (and bigger) in the same geographical area.
Those offices currently operating LAT duties will need extra duties (if indeed any of this ever comes to fruition)

It is envisioned (great word) that since the bulk of the LAT duties are in larger units there will be enough duties removed from that unit to provide the cover needed for the Expanded LAT/parcel hybrids.

What would probably happen in non-LAT offices is a combination of natural wastage, relocation and VRs. Whether that would be enough is another matter.

As you say whether it will come to pass is uncertain but I doubt 1 in 6 is possible...maybe closer to 1 in 8-9.

Previous page Next page

Page 8 of 13   1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13