not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

I'm voting no

02 Sep 2019, 18:37

itinerant wrote:
bogstandard wrote:re the pension element of this thread, i can honestly say i believe this will be immeasurably beneficial to future generations. will i benefit? Not so much!
Younger people coming in and paying in will see the true benefits.

Totally agree with this.

I'd second that!

People on these forums have knocked CDC, but it's not really as relevant for those who already have 30 years of service and DB pension under their belts. It's predominantly for the younger posties who would otherwise only have access to individual DC schemes.

Those people will already have a state pension age of 68 and that could increase more!

The fact this is an old thread is irrelevant in my opinion, as another strike ballot looks likely in the near future and the advice of a yes vote doesn't necessarily mean we'll go on strike, is just as valid now.

I'm voting no

02 Sep 2019, 18:50

Woody Guthrie wrote:It's an old thread, walking boots is probably long gone.

I'm still here, as far as this potential strike goes I have no idea what it's all about, our rep has not told us anything, other than that we must support the union and vote yes, the communication from the cwu is terrible

I'm voting no

02 Sep 2019, 19:00

Walking boots wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:It's an old thread, walking boots is probably long gone.

I'm still here, as far as this potential strike goes I have no idea what it's all about, our rep has not told us anything, other than that we must support the union and vote yes, the communication from the cwu is terrible

Welcome back, those boots were made for walking.
To be fair to the union they're all over social media but to be unfair to them, not everyone is.

I'm voting no

02 Sep 2019, 22:07

Royal mail have already wrote to the CWU,saying they want to review our agreements we have.one of the first agreements there looking at is the mtsf agreement which covers no compulsory redundancies, so if that goes last one in first one out.

I'm voting no

07 Sep 2019, 22:45

Walking boots wrote:but change happens

It does, I think we all have to accept that. Letters is going the way of the dinosaur. I haven't heard any sound arguments from my union rep / pec that haven't been tactless scaremongering imho.

I'm voting no

07 Sep 2019, 23:31

Voting NO to an old post resurrected by 97GAZ about our pensions and the lack of legislation on our pensions in the the law which will affect us all in the future good post but why did he not do another thread? His post on the whole issue should demand a thread called the deal that RM want.

I'm voting no

08 Sep 2019, 03:13

Walking boots wrote: I haven't really heard an argument that is relevant to a part time worker with 1 years service

Why is being part time or length of service relevant?

Your terms and working conditions are under attack. The quality of your life will suffer. Your job will be s**t and you will have to look for another one.

Don't you want more money? A 35 hr week means a pay rise for part timers.

Fight for your colleagues, fight for your family, fight for a British institution that is under attack.

MOST IMPORTANT: If you vote yes, you aren't under any obligation to strike, but a massive yes vote will help the union a lot.

I'm voting no

08 Sep 2019, 09:11

I have never seen a postie cross a picket line to go in and break the strike. I doubt it would go down well with the other posties. We have to stick together otherwise we are lost.

I'm voting no

08 Sep 2019, 09:16

Celgar wrote:I have never seen a postie cross a picket line to go in and break the strike. I doubt it would go down well with the other posties. We have to stick together otherwise we are lost.

You probably wouldn't know.
Strike breakers don't tend to work in their own offices and don't turn up in uniform, when you see half a dozen 'managers' turn up at your DO on a strike day chances are they're not all managers.

I'm voting no

08 Sep 2019, 10:05

[
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 01:20, edited 1 time in total.

I'm voting no

08 Sep 2019, 10:16

Celgar wrote:I have never seen a postie cross a picket line to go in and break the strike. I doubt it would go down well with the other posties. We have to stick together otherwise we are lost.

Have seen plenty do it over the years.. SHAMELESS..

I'm voting no

08 Sep 2019, 10:31

aiden01 wrote:

So have I. MC staff especially.

I'm voting no

08 Sep 2019, 12:16

I think the CWU need to be more proactive with its media campaign because a lot of its members don't fully realise what they are balloting for. I think that's partly because Rico is playing it softly,softly; testing the water to see what happens whilst at the same time ignoring the Union and it's existing agreements. I would vote YES just on this basis alone. It's clear he is going to have to justify his obscene salary and I don't doubt he will stop at nothing to completely trample on our existing terms and conditions. There are still many things we take for granted at Royal Mail,things like....full rate sick pay, a decent hourly wage for an unskilled job (at Asda they are offering all staff £9 an hour in a new contract...as long they don't have any paid breaks) and I think regardless of the "bullying" you still only have to work your contracted hours...imagine what's it's like without the Union.

But I've seen many full timers get replaced with part timers,many of them not in an union,many of them getting treat like crap everyday. In years to come I do wonder what the unions bargaining position is going to be

I'm voting no

08 Sep 2019, 16:33

Life is such not that I approve of it,

I'm voting no

08 Sep 2019, 18:45

Tman wrote:
aiden01 wrote:

So have I. MC staff especially.

Have to agree with you on that spineless.

I'm voting no

09 Sep 2019, 13:55

So are you happy to lose your job then? Have you not got a mortgage to pay?

If you are lucky enough to keep your job, then it may be on zero hours and min wage...

I'm voting no

09 Sep 2019, 14:48

If you vote no you are a fool.Sorry but it is that simple.

Previous page Next page

Page 6 of 6   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6