not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

NHS Test and Trace: if you've been in contact with a person who has coronavirus

03 Jul 2020, 10:21

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... ronavirus/

Follow this advice if you're told by the NHS Test and Trace service that you've been in contact with a person who has coronavirus (COVID-19).

Stay at home for 14 days

If you're told you've been in contact with a person who has coronavirus:

stay at home (self-isolate) for 14 days from the day you were last in contact with the person – it can take up to 14 days for symptoms to appear
    do not leave your home for any reason – if you need food or medicine, order it online or by phone, or ask friends and family to drop it off at your home
    do not have visitors in your home, including friends and family – except for essential care
    try to avoid contact with anyone you live with as much as possible
    people you live with do not need to self-isolate if you do not have symptoms
    people in your support bubble do not need to self-isolate if you do not have symptoms

More at the link

03 Jul 2020, 10:32

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... hat-to-do/

When to self-isolate and what to do
What is self-isolation? Self-isolation is when you stay at home because you have or might have coronavirus (COVID-19).

This helps stop the virus spreading to other people.

Self-isolate if:

you have any symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
    you're waiting for a coronavirus test result
    you've tested positive for coronavirus – this means you have coronavirus
    you live with someone who has symptoms, is waiting for a test result or has tested positive
    someone in your support bubble has symptoms, is waiting for a test result or has tested positive

03 Jul 2020, 11:15

At present, the guidance is only to self-isolate if: a) someone you live with has symptoms, or b) you’re told to self-isolate by the test and trace service.

There is no guidance to say that people should make their own decision about self-isolating if someone that they work with / know has symptoms / has tested positive for CV19.

Whether or not self-isolation is deemed necessary by the test and trace service will depend on whether you would be considered a ‘close contact’ or not.

Only ‘close contacts’ are being contacted by Test and Trace and being asked to self-isolate.

More distant contacts, which would probably include the majority of people who someone works with in a delivery office / mail centre (given that social distancing measures are supposed to be in place), would not fall into this category, so we wouldn’t normally expect them to need to self-isolate.

Kind Regards,

James. CV Helpline

21 Jul 2020, 13:09

https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2020/0 ... l-cleaning

As part of the NHS Test and Trace service, colleagues who have been identified at high risk of contracting Covid-19, may be contacted by a call handler by phone, email or text.

If you are included in this category, or you have been in contact with someone who has coronavirus, you may be instructed to self-isolate for 14 days from the date of your last contact with the confirmed case individual.

Unless instructed by a public health authority to be tested, or if an individual has symptoms, they should not take a test and no additional cleaning of the workplace is required.

Where a colleague tests positive, if they have been in work within the last five days, an additional clean should be arranged via the P&FS helpdesk by calling 0844 800 9191, the guidelines being:

If they have been off work for less than two days, an ‘intense disinfectant clean’ will be requested.
    If they have been off work between 3-5 days, then a precautionary clean will be requested.
    If the colleague has been off work for more than five days, then no cleaning should be undertaken, as the office would have had a number of enhanced cleans between the individual being off and the result coming through and any virus on surfaces will have died after a maximum of 72 hours.

Colleagues who are not contacted by the Test and Trace service should continue to attend work - practising two-metre social distancing and good hand hygiene.

25 Sep 2020, 08:15

With regard to the relaunch/wider rollout of the NHS Test and Trace app, does Royal Mail plan on introducing QR codes at any of its mail centres, hubs, offices etc? This is an electronic way of “checking in” and there are several workplaces I’m aware that are using the system. It’s probably of most use in those offices with a lot of visitors from other sites (eg drivers) or venues who employ short-term or casual staff.

26 Sep 2020, 19:55

Lockardian wrote:With regard to the relaunch/wider rollout of the NHS Test and Trace app, does Royal Mail plan on introducing QR codes at any of its mail centres, hubs, offices etc? This is an electronic way of “checking in” and there are several workplaces I’m aware that are using the system. It’s probably of most use in those offices with a lot of visitors from other sites (eg drivers) or venues who employ short-term or casual staff.

Probably not because they just want you in work not isolating,my office is shocking,no social distancing,managers out in shared vans,packed out on the sorting,where is the health and safety reps ,the union ,these rogue offices need closing or managers removed,ive been documenting and photographing everything so if anyone in our office gets hospitalized or worse because of an outbreak in the office ill shall be passing on the relative information.Managers attitudes are cavalier to say the least,its not if its when.

29 Sep 2020, 20:11

Lockardian wrote:With regard to the relaunch/wider rollout of the NHS Test and Trace app, does Royal Mail plan on introducing QR codes at any of its mail centres, hubs, offices etc? This is an electronic way of “checking in” and there are several workplaces I’m aware that are using the system. It’s probably of most use in those offices with a lot of visitors from other sites (eg drivers) or venues who employ short-term or casual staff.

Well I ain't putting any govt app on my phone so I won't be scanning any barcode with my phone to get in work.

29 Sep 2020, 20:13

guardianangel wrote:

Probably not because they just want you in work not isolating,my office is shocking,no social distancing,managers out in shared vans,packed out on the sorting,where is the health and safety reps ,the union ,these rogue offices need closing or managers removed,ive been documenting and photographing everything so if anyone in our office gets hospitalized or worse because of an outbreak in the office ill shall be passing on the relative information.Managers attitudes are cavalier to say the least,its not if its when.

Why wait until someone is hospitalised or worse
Let upper management know now, use just say it email.

04 Oct 2020, 09:18

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread.... I live with someone who is positive for covid. Been in contact with manager throughout. They are insistent that I should be back in after 10 days. Now I know it's 14 but they are having none of it. Been at RM 13 years had very few sick days and do all the docket days off I can so it's not like I'm milking this. Any advice would be grateful appreciated.

04 Oct 2020, 21:08

10 days only applies to the person with symptoms. 14 days (from when their symptoms started) for everyone else in the household to allow for incubation. Tell your manager to look at the government's official isolation rules on the gov website

05 Oct 2020, 14:12

@grundy Show the muppet this link,,,
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... ronavirus/

05 Oct 2020, 17:20

My other half has just gone for a test after displaying symptoms last night.
It's my day off tomorrow.
Been told if I need to be off work if the test is positive I have to take leave or wont be paid.
What the actual f!!!.
To my mind she is displaying symptoms so I now need to to self isolate and should be paid.
At the very least I should get SSP from the 1st day of isolation (according to .gov)
So do I need to contact HR from wednesday to make sure I get paid and tell work they shouldn't be docking my leave??
This company really needs to get its act together and have a consistant policy on this.

06 Oct 2020, 09:56

They HAVE a 'consistent policy on this', managers like to make their own rules up as they go along though.
You do get paid (sick pay if you have not gone over your allowance)

All absences should be treated as sickness absence. Managers should choose “Coronavirus with Symptoms” if
the employee has symptoms and “Coronavirus Self Isolation” if they do not have symptoms. Please update the
absence if the reason for absence changes.

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 71&t=94753

It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low life c***s they have always been.

06 Oct 2020, 13:51

Thanks I thought as much.
So my situation is just another example of bullying tactics to try me to either go into work when I shouldn't (I happen not to need the money so this wouldn't work for them as I will just call their bluff), or persuade me to take leave when I needn't.
If the former this just shows RM dont give a damn about their workforce, or their customers we are coming into contact with.
There is a consistant policy, managers just don't adhere to it.
We had confirmed cases over the weekend and no kind of clean has been carried out on the office btw.

07 Oct 2020, 16:50

Help!

My son has been sent home from school with symptoms of Covid, He has been tested at a mobile centre and we should have results in a few days. My manager has said I should continue to come to work until (if) he gets a positive result. Is he correct?

07 Oct 2020, 16:53

djhl wrote:Help!

My son has been sent home from school with symptoms of Covid, He has been tested at a mobile centre and we should have results in a few days. My manager has said I should continue to come to work until (if) he gets a positive result. Is he correct?

No. You should remain home until you receive the negative result. If it's positive you should isolate for 14 days more.

07 Oct 2020, 18:06

Do you happen to know whether the absence would count towards the totting up procedures for a stage 1 attendance review?

If it does then I will be obliged to carry on working until the test outcome

07 Oct 2020, 18:51

djhl wrote:Do you happen to know whether the absence would count towards the totting up procedures for a stage 1 attendance review?

If it does then I will be obliged to carry on working until the test outcome

Your absence won`t count and you won`t get a stage

POSTMAN wrote:They HAVE a 'consistent policy on this', managers like to make their own rules up as they go along though.
You do get paid (sick pay if you have not gone over your allowance)

All absences should be treated as sickness absence. Managers should choose “Coronavirus with Symptoms” if
the employee has symptoms and “Coronavirus Self Isolation” if they do not have symptoms. Please update the
absence if the reason for absence changes.

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 71&t=94753

It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low life c***s they have always been.

08 Oct 2020, 20:25

The rules state you must isolate for 14 days if someone in your household has symptoms this runs from when their symptoms started. (You face a fine if you breach this) until a negative result is issued. If positive then you must complete the full 14 days and them 10 days, this still runs from when their symptoms started. You only start the 14 days afresh if a positive result comes through and the person tested didn't have symptoms in the first place this is because you have no way of knowing when to start the 14 days if there weren't any symptoms.

09 Oct 2020, 12:24

djhl wrote:Help!

See here, this one is a bit so so...
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 71&t=97610

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2