not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

LTB 575/19 - Average Pay on Leave : 'Case Management Order' has been introduced by the President of ET's which will transfer all existing and new cases to the Tribunal Centre in Bristol

12 Jan 2020, 22:57

Sure I read somewhere regarding "full year average " but cant find it ,so apologises if I got that wrong.

LTB 575/19 - Average Pay on Leave : 'Case Management Order' has been introduced by the President of ET's which will transfer all existing and new cases to the Tribunal Centre in Bristol

13 Jan 2020, 00:03

stodgy88 wrote:Sure I read somewhere regarding "full year average " but cant find it ,so apologises if I got that wrong.

Have just searched & found this. https://www.xperthr.co.uk/legal-timetab ... ks/163964/

Increase in holiday reference period from 12 weeks to 52 weeks
Implementation date: 6 April 2020
The Employment Rights (Employment Particulars and Paid Annual Leave) (Amendment) Regulations 2018 (SI 2018/1378) increase the reference period used for determining a week's pay when calculating holiday pay for workers with irregular hours from 12 weeks to 52 weeks. The Government's Good work plan states that the changes will allow greater flexibility for workers in choosing when to take holiday, particularly for those in seasonal or atypical roles that limit some workers from benefiting from their full holiday pay entitlement.

13 Jan 2020, 07:35

Thanks,knew I'd read it somewhere.

13 Jan 2020, 19:01

rogersh wrote:
stodgy88 wrote:Sure I read somewhere regarding "full year average " but cant find it ,so apologises if I got that wrong.

Have just searched & found this. https://www.xperthr.co.uk/legal-timetab ... ks/163964/

Increase in holiday reference period from 12 weeks to 52 weeks
Implementation date: 6 April 2020
The Employment Rights (Employment Particulars and Paid Annual Leave) (Amendment) Regulations 2018 (SI 2018/1378) increase the reference period used for determining a week's pay when calculating holiday pay for workers with irregular hours from 12 weeks to 52 weeks. The Government's Good work plan states that the changes will allow greater flexibility for workers in choosing when to take holiday, particularly for those in seasonal or atypical roles that limit some workers from benefiting from their full holiday pay entitlement.

rogersh - that's an awesome find, thanks! Can't recall I've ever seen it referenced directly in any of the CWU bulletins regarding this topic.
It's good to actually see something in writing - knowledge is power!!

14 Jan 2020, 22:02

So will any current pending claims be automatically recalculated to 52 weeks from the original 12, do you think? Or will it be a case of claiming again after the tribunal

17 Jan 2020, 13:21

any news when cases being heard

19 Jan 2020, 10:59

Cant see royal mail pulling their fingers out,now we are re balloting or does the tribunal decide when the group payment is processed ?

19 Jan 2020, 16:06

stodgy88 wrote:Cant see royal mail pulling their fingers out,now we are re balloting or does the tribunal decide when the group payment is processed ?

I think the holiday pay/overtime issue is totally separate to 'the dispute' as the issue is already in the arbitration/tribunal process.
When the case is heard (haven't seen a specific date) and the result given, if it is in our favour (and I can't see how it can't be in the light
of the info rogersh posted above) I would imagine RM will have to abide by a timescale for payments to be made.

19 Jan 2020, 17:09

Think and hope you are probably correct.

21 Jan 2020, 11:59

hans solo wrote:any news when cases being heard

Someone told me this morning that it’s in court today, anyone confirm?

22 Jan 2020, 08:17

Cannot find any information confirming what you have heard, but surely it will not be too long, considering the time frame implied in the LTB.

“A preliminary hearing for the purposes of case management shall be listed at Bristol as soon as possible after 1 January
2020”,

11 Mar 2020, 23:57

Rumoured to be a date set for 27th March but I have been misinformed before so can anyone confirm?

27 Mar 2020, 11:49

Would imagine if your rumour was correct,any meetings would be postponed in the current climate .

27 Mar 2020, 13:27

From gov.uk website.
HMCTS coronavirus preparation planning
During this unprecedented public health emergency, it’s essential that our courts and tribunals continue to administer justice. We’re adjusting practices and taking steps to minimise any risk to the judiciary, staff, professional and public users, including justice partners. Any changes to individual hearings will be communicated directly to those affected, usually by email and/or phone.

Today (27th) is the due date of the preliminary hearing.

27 Mar 2020, 13:41

Good work cheers.

26 Apr 2020, 10:26

Anyone know if this as been put on the back burner ?

26 Apr 2020, 10:33

Anyone know if this as been put on the back burner ?

26 Apr 2020, 17:37

stodgy88 wrote:Anyone know if this as been put on the back burner ?

Well, this link to .gov website https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... sv/preview

states that the Bristol Civil and Family Justice Centre (for Employment Tribunal) is open
for the public, but this guidance was published by the Tribunals Judiciary Heads on 24 March (a bit long) but effectively I would imagine our
case has been postponed for a while (see my highlightin)......... https://www.judiciary.uk/coronavirus-co ... -guidance/

"In view of the rapidly changing circumstances created by the Covid-19 pandemic, the
Presidents of the Employment Tribunals in England & Wales and in Scotland have
directed that from Monday 23rd March 2020 all in-person hearings (hearings where the
parties are expected to be in attendance at a tribunal hearing centre) listed to
commence on or before Friday 26th June 2020, will be converted to a case management
hearing by telephone or other electronic means which will take place (unless parties
are advised otherwise) on the first day allocated for the hearing. This will provide an
opportunity to discuss how best to proceed in the light of the Presidential Guidance
dated 18th March 2020, unless in the individual case the President, a Regional
Employment Judge or the Vice-President directs otherwise. If the case is set down for
more than one day then parties should proceed on the basis that the remainder of the
days fixed have been cancelled.
For the avoidance of doubt, this direction also applies to
any hearing that is already in progress on Monday 23rd March 2020 and, if not already
addressed before then, the parties may assume that the hearing on that day is converted
to a case management hearing of the kind referred to above. In person hearings listed to
commence on or after 29th June 2020 will remain listed, in the meantime, and will be
subject to further direction in due course. The parties remain free to make any
application to the Tribunal."

26 Apr 2020, 21:16

Thanks for that.

15 May 2020, 18:21

Hi all, I`m new to the forums.

Been trying to get info out of my local CWU rep on this issue but hardly ever see him and he has`nt responded to 2 emails. Just this minute sent him another one but maybe some of you would be able to offer advice. I`m on 28,20 hours but have been effectively working full time since signing for a walk 15 months ago. Does each individual have to open an ET claim or can it be done for a number of people? Is there a step by step guide somewhere?

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3