not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT CWU : We have announced an industrial action ballot timetable in Royal Mail group - ballot papers will be dispatched on 24th September if no agreement is reached before then. HERE

What to do and how to do it

10 Sep 2019, 14:04

1. Submit a formal grievance to your manager. If managers refuse which they have been doing see the 2 LTB's entitled (Managers in certain locations are refusing to log grievances for members over the issue of holiday pay in the stickies).
Contact your branch to see if they have form which can be used. Take a photocopy as this will be used to prove that you attempted to raise a grievance.

2. Submit the online ACAS early conciliation application. This must be done. The process is;

3. Google ACAS and look for single claimant - early conciliation notification form – ACAS. Click individual claimant notification form and fill it in

4. Section one is self-explanatory

5. Section two we advise:

Representative contact name: Area rep

Representative organisation name: CWU

Address: Your branch address

Main contact number: Branch contact number

E Mail Addres: Branch email address

6. Section three we advise:

Employer name: Royal Mail Group

Employer address line: 100 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0HQ

7. Section four is self-explanatory

8. Answer YES to question "do you know if anyone else is also making a claim about this?"

9. Submit your request

It is essential you e mail your branch representative to make them aware this has been done and include:

Your full name, office of employment, your contracted hours and date of annual leave.

This will help your branch when ACAS contact them.

Also, Study The Content of LTB 416/19 and start to compile the information that will be required if it goes to an ET. Also, be aware of the published CWU Final Holiday Pay Flow Chart to understand the process.

If you are going to go through this process, contact your branch ASAP for help and more info!

This was taken from a template from Hull and East Riding that was sent to me.

10 Sep 2019, 14:22

ACAS contacted me and told me RM had offered to settle my claim.
They then quoted a figure of a few hundred quid.
Which was interesting because I haven't made a claim.

10 Sep 2019, 14:24

ive been given case number to procede with tribunal for historic backdated payments

10 Sep 2019, 20:55

hans solo wrote:ive been given case number to procede with tribunal for historic backdated payments

Same as me :(
I think I`ll just wait for the relevant law to force RM to pay us, this is way too complicated :(

10 Sep 2019, 22:14

Janet Brum wrote:Same as me :(
I think I`ll just wait for the relevant law to force RM to pay us, this is way too complicated :(

Nooooooooooo it will possibly be too late then, the law may take years to be proper!
Get help from your rep/area rep/branch!

You are leaving YOUR money in Royal Mail's pocket!

Start the process in this thread then get help your end.The 1st bit does not seem that hard.

Now do it!

10 Sep 2019, 22:16

I also urge anyone in the know, anyone who has done this to help us out on this part of the forum as much as poss please.

13 Sep 2019, 15:51

So a basic grievance will do after you return from annual leave to add to the claim

To manager
I am writing to you to register a grievance regarding average holiday pay while I was on annual leave

Yours

Signed

They will not respond so its just to audit that an attempt to raise a grievance was made so keep a copy

13 Sep 2019, 15:55

Before you accept the offer also include any annual you have taken while the claim has been dealt with

Yesterday, 14:24

Trying to help a few of my colleagues on this but just need a bit more information.

1) Am I right in thinking any overtime above anyones contracted hours can claim? Obviously minus sa etc.

2) Do I need them to look into the amount of overtime they have done over the past 2yrs? Or is it just a case of looking into when they have leave and then just taking the average 12 weeks before for 20 days of their annual leave?

3) When you put in a grievance do they have to wait before going to the next step of the process?

4) Is this open to all staff and not just union members?

Thanks in advanced

Today, 07:30

1. Yes
2.The claim has to be for holiday taken in the previous 3 months. So 12 weeks average pay before that holiday.
3. Put in the grievance. RM will not accept it. Go through the ACAS procedure straight away.
4. Union and non union alike.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1