not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : BALLOT RESULT : 97.1% YES 75.9% TURNOUT... HERE

Those that have gone through this

09 Sep 2019, 13:38

Any chance of a write up, how you did the process, possible timings, pitfalls and so on?

Would be much appreciated!

Also I will when I get time prune/tidy up the stickies-I appreciate there is a hell of a lot there!

22 Sep 2019, 07:14

I can’t post too much info but it took me a little over 3 months from first starting the process to getting it paid into my account. Fairly straightforward, I’m fortunate in that I write down everything so there was no arguments or debate over my overtime hours each week.

The only frustrating thing, and this is what I just can’t get my head round - since receiving the payout I’ve had a further 2 weeks holiday when, surprise surprise I was only paid my basic hours. RM not even disputing my earlier claim, and basically admitted in writing they hadn’t paid what they should have for my earlier claim and yet here we are again, back to square one with another claim to put in.

22 Sep 2019, 08:36

Just had my offer. Slightly more than I thought. It took about 3 months.

I think that the CWU should now make the legal challenge and go for the 2 years back pay like other organisations who have done this and paid their employees out. It is Employment Law.

22 Sep 2019, 10:04

Redacer wrote:I think that the CWU should now make the legal challenge and go for the 2 years back pay like other organisations who have done this and paid their employees out. It is Employment Law.

100% agree. While not wanting to go off topic (cos there’s another forum for that) I feel the union need to start making things public and making it simple to understand - tell the public RM are blatantly flouting employment law by not paying avg pay, tell the public of the bullying culture etc.

That will be much easier for the man in the street to understand than talking about USO, an hour off the working week and 4 pillars. It’s too complicated and most aren’t interested.

24 Sep 2019, 05:00

Redacer wrote:Just had my offer. Slightly more than I thought. It took about 3 months.

I think that the CWU should now make the legal challenge and go for the 2 years back pay like other organisations who have done this and paid their employees out. It is Employment Law.

Can I ask how far backdated they were prepared to base your offer? How far back in time and how many annual leave weeks in total?

I've been offered (also a bit more than I expected) but for just my 3 most recent weeks of annual leave this year, even though that doesn't add up to 20 days in a calendar year and there is no 3 month gap in annual leave prior to those 3 weeks, so I don't see why they've limited it to just those 3 most recent weeks.

10 Oct 2019, 16:27

My timelines for a successful claim were:

Day 1 - Claim submitted to ACAS, informed CWU Area rep who is co-ordinating claims and representing us with ACAS.
Day 37 - Notified by CWU Area rep that RM were willing to settle for the full amount without going to tribunal.
Day 58 - Claim in pay chit for payment.

All days are calendar days including weekends, so from claim submission to payment just under two months.

Claim was only for one weeks holiday, no backdating for any other holiday period.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1