not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

LTB 372/19 - Royal Mail Group Holiday

16 Aug 2019, 05:11

I submitted my online claim with ACAS 2 weeks ago and other than an automated acknowledgement email with a claim reference number I've heard nothing at all from them.

Thought they would have been asking for my pay no. average earnings, holiday dates etc

How long have other claimants waited before hearing anything from ACAS that your claim is being dealt with?

16 Aug 2019, 07:29

wacko74 wrote:I submitted my online claim with ACAS 2 weeks ago and other than an automated acknowledgement email with a claim reference number I've heard nothing at all from them.

Thought they would have been asking for my pay no. average earnings, holiday dates etc

How long have other claimants waited before hearing anything from ACAS that your claim is being dealt with?

I filled in my form last week, got an instant email (check your spam just comes headlined 'Claim' I then had to call them took a couple minutes, they then appoint someone to your case they will contact you, got a call from him yesterday another 5 minute call and he took my pay number and says he expects to have an offer within 3-5 working days.

16 Aug 2019, 09:32

As ACAS doesn't operate over here in NI, I contacted the equivalent agency, the Labour Relations Agency to pursue payment of average holiday pay.They told me they could do nothing for me and that I, or the union would need to take a legal case against Royal Mail.
Would any CWU rep like to advise.

16 Aug 2019, 11:47

I put a claim but wasnt doing any o/t in last 3months but plenty in last 2 years-but RM/ACAS both said I have no compensation due-I thought it is for the last 2 years??

16 Aug 2019, 13:13

The email I got asked me to ring them, quoting the reference number?

When I did, that's when they took the pay number etc...

16 Aug 2019, 13:20

Subman wrote:As ACAS doesn't operate over here in NI, I contacted the equivalent agency, the Labour Relations Agency to pursue payment of average holiday pay.They told me they could do nothing for me and that I, or the union would need to take a legal case against Royal Mail.

Can assure you reps in ni will do nothing to help you. been there and tried. like i said previously seriously pissed off with cwu seems like members in ni dont exist ffs. :arrrghhh

18 Aug 2019, 18:49

Put my claim in and got response for last date I got underpaid via holiday pay and if its not within 3 months of the claim being put in don't expect a result as tribunal won't look at it luckily I claimed with just enough time also if ur claiming for beginning of May or April the company say u need at least 20 days in holiday pot to be even looked at. That's what my acas rep told me anyway

19 Aug 2019, 17:28

Hi,
I have made a claim through ACAS for holiday pay.
Could anyone tell me when you work out your claim do you work out average hours worked or average pay for the previous 12 weeks.
Many thanks.

19 Aug 2019, 18:04

MOGGY346 wrote:Hi,
I have made a claim through ACAS for holiday pay.
Could anyone tell me when you work out your claim do you work out average hours worked or average pay for the previous 12 weeks.
Many thanks.

Average overtime over your contract hrs, before tax basically the amount on your payslips next to overtime. Add up 12 weeks worth from week before your holiday you are claiming for then divide by 12,for each week of your holiday.

19 Aug 2019, 21:02

Thank you Rambo1,much appreciated.

20 Aug 2019, 11:13

Average overtime over your contract hrs, before tax basically the amount on your payslips next to overtime. Add up 12 weeks worth from week before your holiday you are claiming for then divide by 12,for each week of your holiday. did all that got the following reply sent ACAS a figure of the previous 12 weeks before my last holiday, . for the overtime £1066 average of around £90 per week, received a email saying that I hadn't given a breakdown,a list of when I took my holidays and a breakdown of the shortfall in wages ,and says it will be up to me to decide if I go to a tribunal,told them to forget it, will wait till union hopefully comes to some agreement
stodgy88

20 Aug 2019, 15:59

Got my offer today.

They have agreed to pay what am due for my most recent holiday however are saying they don't need to back date it for 2 years due to there being a 3 month gap between my most recent holiday and the holiday before, or at least that's what I think they are saying. The guy from accas said on phone that I should take advice from the union before proceeding.

As per our earlier telephone conversation, I can confirm that the respondent representative has put forward an offer of £xxx.xx

Please let me know if this is agreeable in principle.

In making the offer they included the following information:

I confirm that my client is prepared to offer to settle the claim, on the basis of no liability and in exchange for a signed COT3.

For each of the Claimant's annual leave periods, we have calculated a holiday pay amount (HP) based on all overtime worked within the 12 week period preceding the annual leave.

It is well established that a three month gap between alleged deductions will break the series of deductions for the purposes of claiming underpayments of holiday pay.

Having considered the record of annual leave taken by the Claimant, a gap of over 3 months exists between the period of holiday taken in February and in May 2019. This 'gap' therefore breaks the series of deductions and the Claimant is not entitled to any additional payment for annual leave taken before May 2019.

The Claimant has taken two periods of annual leave following the gap, totalling 16 days. The HP figures for this period of leave is £xxx.xx and my client is prepared to pay that sum in full and final settlement of this claim. The Respondent's position is that this figure is all that the Claimant would be entitled to claim in the Employment Tribunal in any event.

We also attach draft COT3 terms. Please emphasise the confidentiality provisions to Claimant or his representative.

In regards to the above mentioned draft COT3. Please find the document attached for your consideration. If you are not sure of any of the terms of the agreement, please give me a call and I will talk you through them.

If this wording is acceptable or you would like to discuss any changes to it, please give me a call. Please note that you do not need to sign this COT3 agreement, it is a draft.

The final wording will be sent to you once both parties have come to an agreement and at which point, the three-step Acas COT3 agreement procedure is as follows:
1. Two paper copies of the agreement are sent in the post by Acas along with a letter explaining the signing process to the Claimant for signature.
2. The Claimant forwards the two signed copies to the Respondent.
3. The Respondent signs the two copies, retaining one copy and sending the other back to the Claimant.
I look forward to hearing from you

21 Aug 2019, 18:28

^^^hopefully you'll get some advice or guidance from ACAS or CWU on how to respond to that legalese mumbo jumbo, we can't be expected to fight RM lawyers on our own!

So basically they're trying to say that if there's a 3 month gap in periods of annual leave at any point in the last 2 years they only have to pay you as far back as that gap, but if someone hasn't had a 3 month gap they'll get a full 2 years back pay?

How can that possibly make any sense?

Do please keep us updated on how you proceed.

21 Aug 2019, 19:34

Subman wrote:As ACAS doesn't operate over here in NI, I contacted the equivalent agency, the Labour Relations Agency to pursue payment of average holiday pay.They told me they could do nothing for me and that I, or the union would need to take a legal case against Royal Mail.

Just been told this tonite for members in ni contact ITS 2 cromac quay ormeau road bt7 2jd phone 02890327666... hope this helps anybody from ni who wants to pursue a claim.. have personally given up.

22 Aug 2019, 17:10

wacko74 wrote:^^^hopefully you'll get some advice or guidance from ACAS or CWU on how to respond to that legalese mumbo jumbo, we can't be expected to fight RM lawyers on our own!

So basically they're trying to say that if there's a 3 month gap in periods of annual leave at any point in the last 2 years they only have to pay you as far back as that gap, but if someone hasn't had a 3 month gap they'll get a full 2 years back pay?

How can that possibly make any sense?

Do please keep us updated on how you proceed.

From the looks of it burghboy tried to claim (through the early conciliation process) for holiday periods that were more than 3 months ago.

As the deadline for taking a claim of any sort to industrial tribunal is 3 months less 1 day, I think the text being referred to is their way of saying
for those parts of your claim you are beyond the 3 month time limit (ie 3 months since your last day of holiday), for going to industrial tribunal - so they can't be included in the early conciliation process (which is the precursor to going to a tribunal) regardless. The only part of the claim that can be
taken forward is the part that is less than 3 months since the early conciliation process was started.

I think the only way we're going to get back holiday pay going back lets say two years is if there's a full legal challenge of some sort from CWU (perhaps
with the backing of ACAS who, if they are inundated with claims might say 'WTF is happening RM? Why aren't you paying your people properly?')

For any claim to be valid you have to start the early conciliation process no later than 3 months before your last day of holiday. - Just do it!! :thumbup :thumbup

Previous page Next page

Page 6 of 7   1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7