not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

LTB 372/19 - Royal Mail Group Holiday

28 Jun 2019, 14:46

Are there no updates from the CWU headquarters yet regarding this issue especially considering that they met on the 21st of June to discuss this issue with Royal Mail yet again.
No one including the area reps seem to know what's happening.
The silence is deafening.

Give us an update pleaseeeeee

30 Jun 2019, 10:13

97gaz wrote:My prediction is for Royal mail to cave in on this one but if back pay is demanded they'll dig their heels in.

I think you are right but it is employment law so they will have to pay out. In England and Wales there is something that says back pay can only go back 2 years but in Northern Ireland it can go back to 1998. Surely the CWU will fight for the same in England and Wales.

30 Jun 2019, 11:01

Has anyone actually made a successful claim yet? (Actually got any money back?)

30 Jun 2019, 13:16

Ok, so the government rushed through legislation so that average back claims for holiday pay could be limited to 2 years.The government and businesses couldn't afford to cover the cost !!!

Now, Boris pledges to raise the tax band for those earning over £50k at a cost of £9.6billion.Raising the tax band of 40% from 50k to 80k means these lucky people will be paying the difference of 30k at 20%, a saving of £6,000.

30 Jun 2019, 21:00

Been made an offer by Royal Mail after going to ACAS via our Branch along with three other colleagues.Sticking point seems to be over back pay.Start putting your claims in now

01 Jul 2019, 07:32

dillypot wrote:Been made an offer by Royal Mail after going to ACAS via our Branch along with three other colleagues.Sticking point seems to be over back pay.Start putting your claims in now

How much back pay are they offering? I’ve just finish a 2 week holiday thinking about putting a claim in

01 Jul 2019, 07:56

Jamie162 wrote:
dillypot wrote:Been made an offer by Royal Mail after going to ACAS via our Branch along with three other colleagues.Sticking point seems to be over back pay.Start putting your claims in now

How much back pay are they offering? I’ve just finish a 2 week holiday thinking about putting a claim in

Anybody who has done any hours over their contract should put a claim in. A grievance form takes a minute to fill in to claim what you are lawfully entitled to.

01 Jul 2019, 10:59

Redacer wrote:
Jamie162 wrote:

Anybody who has done any hours over their contract should put a claim in. A grievance form takes a minute to fill in to claim what you are lawfully entitled to.

Sorry I was asking how long Isit back dated just the recent annual leave or 2 years?
Cheers

01 Jul 2019, 19:42

Redacer wrote:
Jamie162 wrote:

Surely it's more than just filling in the grievance form though?

I thought we had to provide all the evidence for the average hours we've worked?

I'm currently going back through all my annual leave weeks for the last 2 years then calculating the average hours worked for each 12 week period prior to each week of annual leave.

03 Jul 2019, 05:56

Still an astonishing lack of real info and guidance on this whole claim process.

Should I just submit the grievance and claim for just my most recent annual leave week and will they then offer me a settlement figure for the the whole 2 year backdated period?

Or should I put in a claim for the full 2 years?

03 Jul 2019, 17:21

Think Royal mail and union will come to a nationwide agreement,so just going to wait to see how it pans out.

04 Jul 2019, 17:26

wacko74 wrote:Still an astonishing lack of real info and guidance on this whole claim process.

Should I just submit the grievance and claim for just my most recent annual leave week and will they then offer me a settlement figure for the the whole 2 year backdated period?

Or should I put in a claim for the full 2 years?

CWU have advised to claim from April this year and follow the process posted in most recent LTB on this. Use search facility on here to find most recent one. If you want to claim for more than that there is nothing stopping you going through ACAS.

04 Jul 2019, 18:15

https://tell.acas.org.uk/notification-form

19 Jul 2019, 08:26

Submitted my grievance form and details of average pay for the 12 weeks prior to the 2 weeks of annual leave I've had since April this year.

Submitted it 10 days ago, not heard a thing since from my DOM or HR, anyone got any idea on the timeline for this?

19 Jul 2019, 14:57

wacko74 wrote: anyone got any idea on the timeline for this?

If you phone HR there are about 3 million messages about how they aren't accepting any grievances on this subject as it is being dealt with at a national level.
Even when you get through to speak to someone the first thing they ask you is "are you phoning about holiday pay"
When you say no, they still tell you they aren't accepting any grievances on the matter and do you want to hang up.
You need to contact your Branch/Rep.

19 Jul 2019, 15:46

U don’t even need to go to your union rep just fill out this form on Acas they will contact you then get in contact with Royal Mails solicitors who will come back with an offer.

https://tell.acas.org.uk/notification-form

20 Jul 2019, 15:26

Well if HR are refusing to accept grievances then I'll be taking it to the next stage with ACAS.

We need to keep the pressure on RM over this, they're obviously hoping it will just go away or the union will give in and lose interest.

30 Jul 2019, 07:28

U don’t even need to go to your union rep just fill out this form on Acas they will contact you then get in contact with Royal Mails solicitors who will come back with an offer. Regarding the above ,will I need to confirm my earnings for the 12 weeks before my holidays ,or will this be done automatically through Royal Mail.

30 Jul 2019, 08:30

Royal Mail solicitors do everything. When you give your pay no. To Acas they can find all the information they need from hr

30 Jul 2019, 08:51

thanks

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 6   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6