not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Why is there nothing addressing PTers getting OT reflected in holiday pay?

04 Feb 2018, 08:06

ted_e_bear wrote:
paulj3001 wrote:I’m a full timer and only get my contracted hours paid when on holiday, even though I do a lot of overtime, so it applies to everybody not just part-timers.

The point is that a lot of part timers are being paid overtime to cover full time jobs that are vacant and not filled, so in reality people should be made up to full time so they get the benefit of holiday pay etc.

Under this new agreement they can do just that, either increase the hours permanently, just temporary or seasonally. They would then qualify immediately for the increased holiday pay etc.

Why is there nothing addressing PTers getting OT reflected in holiday pay?

04 Feb 2018, 08:37

mr hil. wrote:
ted_e_bear wrote:
paulj3001 wrote:I’m a full timer and only get my contracted hours paid when on holiday, even though I do a lot of overtime, so it applies to everybody not just part-timers.

The point is that a lot of part timers are being paid overtime to cover full time jobs that are vacant and not filled, so in reality people should be made up to full time so they get the benefit of holiday pay etc.

Under this new agreement they can do just that, either increase the hours permanently, just temporary or seasonally. They would then qualify immediately for the increased holiday pay etc.

They can do that under existing agreements.
The point is can do is a long way from will do.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2