not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Part Time Postman - should I be paid full time holiday etc ?

28 Feb 2017, 18:32

bustedflush wrote:Unfortunately any employer will tell you OT even at premium rates (unlike RM) is cheaper than more employees on the books who will need a minimum NI contribution and other payments, effectively a tax on employees. That's the math and that's why much of the OT exists as well as operational needs.

Don't know why they even bother to call it Over Time, the rate is pathetic. It's a sad fact that some Posties need to do so much OT to make ends meet. Granted there's a lot of Greedy Bastards as well. To those who rely on a lot of OT I've always advised, "Try and get it outside Royal Mail", the reason being: As soon as it suits them RM will cut that OT at zero notice and drop you in the shite! :sad:

I don't believe we need that much OT to cover "Operational Needs". Most of the OT in my DO is done quite regularly, week in, week out. The DOM admitted today that he couldn't run the office without people working their days off. Simple solution: Recruit the correct amount of staff. Like most Offices we're several staff light. :cuppa

28 Feb 2017, 21:11

Dorset Plodder wrote:
bustedflush wrote:Unfortunately any employer will tell you OT even at premium rates (unlike RM) is cheaper than more employees on the books who will need a minimum NI contribution and other payments, effectively a tax on employees. That's the math and that's why much of the OT exists as well as operational needs.

Don't know why they even bother to call it Over Time, the rate is pathetic. It's a sad fact that some Posties need to do so much OT to make ends meet. Granted there's a lot of Greedy Bastards as well. To those who rely on a lot of OT I've always advised, "Try and get it outside Royal Mail", the reason being: As soon as it suits them RM will cut that OT at zero notice and drop you in the shite! :sad:

I don't believe we need that much OT to cover "Operational Needs". Most of the OT in my DO is done quite regularly, week in, week out. The DOM admitted today that he couldn't run the office without people working their days off. Simple solution: Recruit the correct amount of staff. Like most Offices we're several staff light. :cuppa

with a retention rate of about 5% training staff that will leave after a few days/weeks is a big hinderance in RM plan, overtime rate needs to be doubled as those in the job need to be rewarded for the strenuous amounts of work we do that physically kills postmen/women.

rm cant even recruit staff fast enough to fill the gaps in the business

28 Feb 2017, 21:38

No way, is that the rentention rate of new staff 5% ! Appalling

02 Mar 2017, 10:56

South_London_Postie wrote:No way, is that the retention rate of new staff 5% ! Appalling

Must be some DOs that are REALLY Bad! Mine's not that bad we tend to hang on to new Starters. Haven't heard that old DOM speech about, "There's thousands of people out there looking for a job....You lot are lucky to have one"! for quite a while now. And as there's not going to be thousands of immigrants looking for a job anymore either perhaps RM should just get their act together, stop trying to Bullshit everyone, and sort their correct manning levels out? :hmmmm

Previous page Next page

Page 3 of 3   1, 2, 3