not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Holiday Pay to Reflect actual hours worked *READ HERE*

07 Oct 2016, 19:21

Well hurrah the CWU has fnally making a statement on this, having said that I have to agree they should have been on this the moment the ruling was made.
Personally I think there is no choice but to make individual claims until it is agreed as the 3 month rule is likely to rule out a few old ones and lose people money unless you are able to take a days leave every 2-3 months.
I shall be sending an email (waste of time having a conversation as "if it isn't written down it didn't happen" will apply!!!) with the link from the CWU to my Manager when I next go on leave requesting the enhanced payment. If it's not forthcoming then it will have to be grievance time, I hope they understand its not a personal grievance but one against the employer. If everyone nationally does this I think it will help the CWU and RM to get this formally aggrieved quicker. How many posties out there? They will need to employ a few extra people to deal with them if we all do it!!
Last edited by telithowitis on 10 Oct 2016, 18:10, edited 1 time in total.

09 Oct 2016, 19:22

Sort of related but not exactly (commission rather than overtime).......a quote from yesterdays 'i' newspaper:

"British Gas lost a high profile Court of Appeal case which could mean employees on commission are owed
thousands in holiday back pay. The long running dispute with a sales employee,......., focused on whether
commission should be included in holiday pay."

12 Oct 2016, 20:46

put in a stage 2 grievance

then put in a stage 3 grievance

if no resolution, contact ACAS to enter into early consolation.

21 Oct 2016, 18:18

great, when will the cwu update us on the situation?

26 Oct 2016, 15:56

Inbox if you need any help

30 Jan 2017, 20:28

any news regarding this?

also any letter templates we could freely pass onto members that wish to do the same?

30 Jan 2017, 22:22

lightningpostman wrote:any news regarding this?

also any letter templates we could freely pass onto members that wish to do the same?

Nothing from the union. I'll have a dig for my original.

31 Jan 2017, 16:30

I had a chat with the DOM about this this morning. He told me that Royal Mail are exempt from that! So RM above the law? I'll try the rep next. I am surprised we have to do the donkey work. My husband does agency work and it's done automatically. :roll:

31 Jan 2017, 23:09

bettyflo16 wrote:I had a chat with the DOM about this this morning. He told me that Royal Mail are exempt from that! So RM above the law? I'll try the rep next. I am surprised we have to do the donkey work. My husband does agency work and it's done automatically. :roll:

They like to think they are but they're not

01 Feb 2017, 11:53

The actual ruling that brought this in made a distinction between voluntary overtime and compulsory overtime. Technically, all OT we do is voluntary, but like I said, if you're working a job that can only be completed through overtime, then it falls somewhere between the two and I'd say more towards compulsory.[/quote]

The case in Northern Ireland http://www.personneltoday.com/hr/holida ... -overtime/ did centre around Voluntary Overtime , whilst not binding in England its hard to see how any there would be any different outcome.

01 Feb 2017, 19:03

Was partime for 13 years worked a s**t load of overtime most weeks But come holiday time just got a basic wage A long shot but could this be back dated along shot i know

01 Feb 2017, 20:31

The issue is as been pointed to the difference between compulsory overtime and voluntary overtime.

On compulsory overtime like scheduled attendance Royal Mail already pay holiday pay.

On voluntary overtime and remember overtime is deemed as voluntary than Royal Mail along with other employers are refusing to pay holiday pay.

This is why there are court cases which are still awaiting judgement especially for part timers who lose out when on leave.

01 Feb 2017, 21:19

It doesn't matter whether it is or it isn't.

Put a grievance in and speak to acas. Put pressure on the business. Get every part timer in your office to put one in!! I did it at my office and 19 people since have been made up.

01 Feb 2017, 21:35

There is a difference in making people up with increases in contracts and getting holiday pay. In London we have made over 90 part time to full time and 60 have had increases in their contract. We have not needed a grievance we have used the Agenda for Growth the IR framework and collective strength.

However the thread was about holiday pay for part timers who have been working above their contracted hours.

02 Feb 2017, 09:26

The response given to me by Acas was that if it is voluntary overtime (which I imagine it always is in RM) then you aren't entitled to the extra pay.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3