not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Part timers to receive overtime pay on holiday?

11 Sep 2016, 13:31

I really would like to see the CWU pull their finger out over this, as said its been some time without even an update from them. Not great is it from a Communications Union. A good result for the members would be a boost for the CWU too, as many are becoming increasingly disillusioned with them.
Last edited by charlie1 on 11 Sep 2016, 13:41, edited 1 time in total.

11 Sep 2016, 13:40

If the part timers working full time hours on full time duties were made full time the CWU would have more money for a start

11 Sep 2016, 16:41

I have requested an update on this from the CWU on the union rooms board.

22 Oct 2018, 18:05

Any updates on this topic ?? I am a 24 hr contract but do average 35-37 hours p/w since July 2018. Before that I was on a 30hr contract but doing average 35 hours per week.!

22 Oct 2018, 18:19

Test case still ongoing according to branch sec.

23 Oct 2018, 16:06

I'm full time but do ,generally , an extra 6-9hrs a week to complete it ( round too big) . So it's not just PT it applies to.

23 Oct 2018, 16:39

telithowitis wrote:True blue terrier
Thanks, but .....Those are pretty old posts now and there have been significant appeals, and EAT decisions since 2014, together with other employers accepting the rulings and treating their employees fairly and paying up.
Is there anyone out there who can tell us what the CWU are doing as of right now? They should be persuing this now as it benefits full time and part time employees.
Hopefully they are, and if not then without delay they should pick up and support those who have made individual grievances to date with a view to negotiating or obtaining a ruling for all.
There's a lot about poor employers having to pay for overtime when staff are on holiday and the effects it will have, but frankly in the case of RM people might think that the RM are advertising part time roles for staff they know will be asked to work full time hours to meet their business need with the pre meditated and deliberate intention of avoiding paying them a fair rate of holiday or sick pay?
Isnt the reason we have a trade union to stand up for workers rights and make sure they are treated fairly?
I've only been in the RM for about 3 months but some of the things that Ive been told about and seen are in my opinion staggering in the 21st century. The people at the top need to hope that the next government a Sports Direct style enquiry or undercover program doesn't occor soon!!!

Regarding undercover reporters working in RM I'm more than surprised it hasn't happened already. Aside from this issue of holiday pay the larger problem is the vast amount of work being completed unpaid within the business. If this ever got spread across the press RM would be right in the ****!!!

24 Oct 2018, 12:20

Celgar wrote:Regarding undercover reporters working in RM I'm more than surprised it hasn't happened already.

It has but they weren't bothered by our plight, just the fact that theft was "rife" and the Union being too strong:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgIkfetsnVI&t=1998s

24 Oct 2018, 19:08

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:

It has but they weren't bothered by our plight, just the fact that theft was "rife" and the Union being too strong:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgIkfetsnVI&t=1998s

A very interesting programme, very easy to stand on the sidelines and slag them down but I would not have wanted to work in either of those Delivery Offices. :thumbdown I take it that was filmed in about 2009/2010? I haven't worked with Agency Workers (out on Delivery) since about 2006. I must admit the majority of them were a bloody nightmare, and I can understand why we no longer use them.The "Training" was abysmal......... we used to issue printed bundling lists & route guides to those that needed them. I'm always being told "Anyone" can do this job it's easy........ obviously not that easy. :hmmmm

What did stand out was the ammount of time everyone just seemed to stand around doing Bugger All, one guy even kipping in the Rest Room. :shock: I'm no company man but my Delivery Office look like a Hive of Activity in comparison....... I'll have to tell everyone to calm down tomorrow, and take it easy. :cuppa

Previous page Next page

Page 3 of 3   1, 2, 3