not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Part timers to receive overtime pay on holiday?

09 Sep 2016, 21:01

DocketLefty wrote:My grievance is being put in Monday morning regarding this. I will win.

good luck :thumbup

09 Sep 2016, 21:21

aiden01 wrote:
DocketLefty wrote:My grievance is being put in Monday morning regarding this. I will win.

Thanks it's with royal mails lawyers now apparently...

09 Sep 2016, 21:30

Creditshampoo wrote:
aiden01 wrote:

just think its sad individual members have to take a stand on this.

09 Sep 2016, 22:07

aiden01 wrote:
Creditshampoo wrote:
aiden01 wrote:

So do I. I believe my rep should be doing this...she wasn't very supportive in the slightest.
Any idea how I come a rep? :roll:

10 Sep 2016, 13:07

Creditshampoo wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
Creditshampoo wrote:
aiden01 wrote:

So do I. I believe my rep should be doing this...she wasn't very supportive in the slightest.

wouldn't help. As a rep in this situation you would have to do the representation on a personal basis with no official support, Why, because the CWU already have a policy and action plan in place.

By that I mean I have posted at least 1 LTB on it, beyond that heard nothing.

10 Sep 2016, 18:15

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Creditshampoo wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
Creditshampoo wrote:
aiden01 wrote:

wouldn't help. As a rep in this situation you would have to do the representation on a personal basis with no official support, Why, because the CWU already have a policy and action plan in place.

By that I mean I have posted at least 1 LTB on it, beyond that heard nothing.

What's the unions policy and action then?

10 Sep 2016, 18:22

charlie1 wrote:Dave Ward CWU even sent out a letter to say the CWU would be pursuing this on behalf of members.

did he forget the stamp and R.M didn't pay the surcharge?

10 Sep 2016, 18:26

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=66396
Responses to Employment Tribunal on Holiday Pay

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=65660
WORKING TIME DIRECTIVE – HOLIDAY PAY

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=67886
LTB 64/15 HOLIDAY PAY - EUROPEAN WORKING TIME DIRECTIVE

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=65706
CWU lodge formal claim with Royal Mail over Working Time Directive

10 Sep 2016, 18:57

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=66396

Interesting but dave ward said following the next meeting with royal mail information would be sent out to members....two years ago!!

10 Sep 2016, 18:58

Creditshampoo wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=66396

Interesting but dave ward said following the next meeting with royal mail information would be sent out to members....two years ago!!

LMFAO

10 Sep 2016, 18:58

All smoke and no fire.

10 Sep 2016, 19:34

DocketLefty wrote:All smoke and no fire.

totally agree :Very Happy :crazy:

10 Sep 2016, 19:45

True blue terrier
Thanks, but .....Those are pretty old posts now and there have been significant appeals, and EAT decisions since 2014, together with other employers accepting the rulings and treating their employees fairly and paying up.
Is there anyone out there who can tell us what the CWU are doing as of right now? They should be persuing this now as it benefits full time and part time employees.
Hopefully they are, and if not then without delay they should pick up and support those who have made individual grievances to date with a view to negotiating or obtaining a ruling for all.
There's a lot about poor employers having to pay for overtime when staff are on holiday and the effects it will have, but frankly in the case of RM people might think that the RM are advertising part time roles for staff they know will be asked to work full time hours to meet their business need with the pre meditated and deliberate intention of avoiding paying them a fair rate of holiday or sick pay?
Isnt the reason we have a trade union to stand up for workers rights and make sure they are treated fairly?
I've only been in the RM for about 3 months but some of the things that Ive been told about and seen are in my opinion staggering in the 21st century. The people at the top need to hope that the next government a Sports Direct style enquiry or undercover program doesn't occor soon!!!

10 Sep 2016, 19:59

telithowitis wrote:True blue terrier
There's a lot about poor employers having to pay for overtime when staff are on holiday and the effects it will have, but frankly in the case of RM people might think that the RM are advertising part time roles for staff they know will be asked to work full time hours to meet their business need with the pre meditated and deliberate intention of avoiding paying them a fair rate of holiday or sick pay?

Great post. I would love to know the last year they advertised full time jobs.

The part timers in my office do exactly the same job as full timers. Not receiving the same holiday pay sick pay Christmas bonus etc is being treated differently and it's disgusting.

The times advertised online are typically 9am-2pm only for them to be placed on full time duties within days of their first day with little training.

10 Sep 2016, 20:04

telithowitis wrote:True blue terrier
Thanks, but .....Those are pretty old posts now and there have been significant appeals, and EAT decisions since 2014, together with other employers accepting the rulings and treating their employees fairly and paying up.
Is there anyone out there who can tell us what the CWU are doing as of right now? They should be persuing this now as it benefits full time and part time employees.
Hopefully they are, and if not then without delay they should pick up and support those who have made individual grievances to date with a view to negotiating or obtaining a ruling for all.
Isnt the reason we have a trade union to stand up for workers rights and make sure they are treated fairly?
I've only been in the RM for about 3 months but some of the things that Ive been told about and seen are in my opinion staggering in the 21st century. The people at the top need to hope that the next government a Sports Direct style enquiry or undercover program doesn't occor soon!!!

I don't disagree. My point wasn't to say that the Union are doing well on this, far from that in my opinion. But just to highlight that a rep has to follow the CWUs policies etc, now matter how old. Therefore becoming a rep, or using a rep won't help unless they/you follow this up in a personal capacity.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3