not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Overtime pay when on holiday

03 Apr 2019, 18:19

sorry to open up an old topic but that cut and paste from 9.2 was what my boss showed me today after i wrote to him saying i did not wish to be forced to do Sunday overtime any more i think. i am lmao. i dont know if that is part of my engineering contract. i would like to see the rest,
cheers.

03 Apr 2019, 19:21

The law clearly states that overtime should be included in holiday pay. The amount is averaged over the previous 12 weeks, so for example you are on a 20 hour contract and over the previous 12 weeks you have worked 40 hours every week you should then be paid 40 hours on your week off. This however only applies to the first 20 days holiday.

The Prison Service have won this in the courts and are currently backdating this pay from March 2016.

03 Apr 2019, 19:35

i heard about the prison service one. ive been doing 10 compulsory sundays 10h 30min a day every year for the last 23 years. And get looked at like a maddy when i bring it up. Trying to get it stopped since 2007. The path of the righteous blah. So my latest attempt is trying to refuse to do them.

09 Apr 2019, 20:42

09 Apr 2019, 20:56

Redacer wrote:The law clearly states that overtime should be included in holiday pay. The amount is averaged over the previous 12 weeks, so for example you are on a 20 hour contract and over the previous 12 weeks you have worked 40 hours every week you should then be paid 40 hours on your week off. This however only applies to the first 20 days holiday.

The Prison Service have won this in the courts and are currently backdating this pay from March 2016.

This is right. Ralph here in the video I linked on Facebook explains what the union is going to be doing, basically starts off with individuals taking out grievances. Good ol’Ralph.

11 Apr 2019, 18:12

I have now applied for family friendly to stop doing my Sunday overtime. I Was Told to do this before going to grievance.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2