not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Online isolation notes launched - providing proof of coronavirus absence from work

20 Mar 2020, 13:07

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/onli ... g9Pb1idnd4

People unable to work for more than seven days because of coronavirus (COVID-19) can obtain an isolation note through a new online service.

Isolation notes will provide employees with evidence for their employers that they have been advised to self-isolate due to coronavirus, either because they have symptoms or they live with someone who has symptoms, and so cannot work.

As isolation notes can be obtained without contacting a doctor, this will reduce the pressure on GP surgeries and prevent people needing to leave their homes.

For the first seven days off work, employees can self-certify so they don’t need any evidence for their employer. After that, employers may ask for evidence of sickness absence. Where this is related to having symptoms of coronavirus or living with someone who has symptoms, the isolation note can be used to provide evidence of the advice to self-isolate.

People who need to claim Universal Credit or Employment and Support Allowance because of coronavirus will not be required to produce a fit note or an isolation note. More details on coronavirus and claiming benefits can be found here.(https://www.understandinguniversalcredi ... ronavirus/)

The notes can be accessed through the NHS website and NHS 111 online. (https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19)After answering a few questions, an isolation note will be emailed to the user. If they don’t have an email address, they can have the note sent to a trusted family member or friend, or directly to their employer. The service can also be used to generate an isolation note on behalf of someone else.

The isolation note service has been commissioned by NHSX and built by NHS Digital.

Health and Social Care Secretary, Matt Hancock, said:

It is absolutely vital we do everything we can to ease the burden on our healthcare professionals, allowing them to spend as much time as possible with those patients that need them most.

Digital isolation notes will provide reassurance to those self-isolating and their employers while also reducing the pressure on our NHS, so they can continue doing all they can to protect the people of this country and save lives.

The isolation note service can be accessed via the 111 online coronavirus service (https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19) or NHS.UK/coronavirus (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/) as well as via the NHS app.

Online isolation notes launched - providing proof of coronavirus absence from work

23 Mar 2020, 15:13

Cheers that’s really important info

23 Mar 2020, 17:34

I did this on the 20th the morning it was released, what I didn’t realise at the time however that this was for proof for the 2nd week after self-certing for the first initial week.
Which is why I guess it only gave me cover for the 20-26th March, or well, will have to try online again before the 26th ends or if no joy online
probably have to go into work on the 27th whilst still been contagious and probably infected
Wonder if I explain that I didn’t realise with it been launched that morning, that this was after self-certifying for the first initial week of been off
will somehow work out ok or maybe not!!

23 Mar 2020, 17:43

Kerryhowell36 wrote:I did this on the 20th the morning it was released, what I didn’t realise at the time however that this was for proof for the 2nd week after self-certing for the first initial week.
Which is why I guess it only gave me cover for the 20-26th March, or well, will have to try online again before the 26th ends or if no joy online
probably have to go into work on the 27th whilst still been contagious and probably infected
Wonder if I explain that I didn’t realise with it been launched that morning, that this was after self-certifying for the first initial week of been off
will somehow work out ok or maybe not!!

If you're infected don't go in, explain what you did, they 'should' understand.

23 Mar 2020, 20:36

Cheers POSTMAN that’s what I was thinking I honestly thought I was just getting advice or guidance what to do next, I never knew with it just been launched that morning, even manager didn’t know what I was on about when I rung in lol
I’ll just explain and take it from there, it’s all I can do really t b fair lol

23 Mar 2020, 20:43

It's not for the second week.
If you input that you have the symptoms it gives you 7 days cover.
If you input that someone in your house has symptoms it gives you 14 days cover.

You're only supposed to isolate for 14 days if you don't have the symptoms otherwise you're good to go back to work after 7 days assuming you're fit.

It is not a fit note, it is an isolation confirmation note.

24 Mar 2020, 11:24

What is the situation if you choose to self isolate because you are a carer and live with someone who would be at a higher risk of complications if they contracted COVID-19, but no-one in the household has symptoms. The isolation certificate only seems to cover you if someone has symptoms. Can Royal Mail ask for a GP letter or similar? What would be the best thing to
do?

24 Mar 2020, 12:15

Lockardian wrote:What is the situation if you choose to self isolate because you are a carer and live with someone who would be at a higher risk of complications if they contracted COVID-19, but no-one in the household has symptoms. The isolation certificate only seems to cover you if someone has symptoms. Can Royal Mail ask for a GP letter or similar? What would be the best thing to
do?

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 71&t=94740
It's in the stickie section that you posted in.

28 Mar 2020, 16:52

Good post from Marge from this thread...
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 71&t=95054

Woody Marge Guthrie wrote:
If you have symptoms you go through the NHS system and it will prompt you to get an isolation note.

This isolation note will cover the 7 days you need to isolate, you only need to isolate for 7 days after the symptoms first appear, if you still have symptoms (other than a cough) or your symptoms worsen after 7 days you must contact NHS111, they will give you guidance on what to do next.

If someone in your house has symptoms you go through the NHS system and again it will prompt you to get an isolation note and this one will cover you for 14 days or 7 days after the first symptoms appear.

You can only isolate for 7 days after the symptoms appear, after that you are not considered contagious and are not covered by an isolation note.

You can of course still be sick after the isolation period but that is a different position than isolation and you need to contact NHS111.

28 Mar 2020, 17:27

Lockardian wrote:What is the situation if you choose to self isolate because you are a carer and live with someone who would be at a higher risk of complications if they contracted COVID-19, but no-one in the household has symptoms. The isolation certificate only seems to cover you if someone has symptoms. Can Royal Mail ask for a GP letter or similar? What would be the best thing to
do?

I am in this situation. I have been informed Royal Mail has nothing in place to cover this other than annual leave, or unpaid special leave. Seems unfair to be penalised for doing the right thing, and having no idea if the absence will count against me in the future. As it stands, it's more-or-less forcing me to return to work, with all the risk that entails.

28 Mar 2020, 23:18

seesred wrote:
do?

I am in this situation. I have been informed Royal Mail has nothing in place to cover this other than annual leave, or unpaid special leave. Seems unfair to be penalised for doing the right thing, and having no idea if the absence will count against me in the future. As it stands, it's more-or-less forcing me to return to work, with all the risk that entails.

Not wanting to attend work because of concerns about a family member at home

No doubt Royal Mail are worried about many Tom Dick or Harriet's taking the piss claiming they have to look after this person that person etc. But it screws the genuine.

29 Mar 2020, 11:16

POSTMAN wrote:
seesred wrote:
do?

Not wanting to attend work because of concerns about a family member at home

No doubt Royal Mail are worried about many Tom Dick or Harriet's taking the piss claiming they have to look after this person that person etc. But it screws the genuine.

One of the perils of working for a large organisation where decisions are increasingly being made at a level so remote from the shop floor we have next to no input into things which fundamentally affect us.

29 Mar 2020, 11:39

seesred wrote:
do?

I too am in this situation and at a complete loss as to what I'm to do. :cry

29 Mar 2020, 16:27

iso note 14 days off because someone in your house has a sore throat! yes they have , maybe lie and live!

29 Mar 2020, 16:31

5plusbonusball wrote:iso note 14 days off because someone in your house has a sore throat! yes they have , maybe lie and live!

Please don't post stuff like this.
What happens after 14 days, what happens if it then turns genuine later on, as I said in another thread when someone else posted this, they will be the only person in the world to get it twice.

29 Mar 2020, 17:55

POSTMAN wrote:
5plusbonusball wrote:iso note 14 days off because someone in your house has a sore throat! yes they have , maybe lie and live!

What happens after 14 days, what happens if it then turns genuine later on, as I said in another thread when someone else posted this, they will be the only person in the world to get it twice.

But it could be the case that the first “symptoms” turned out not to actually be the virus, but you would still have been correct to self isolate for the 14 days.

29 Mar 2020, 21:02

Its going to be interesting seeing how royal mail handles situations where someone self isolated with symptoms for two weeks and then again a short time after they returned to work .

29 Mar 2020, 21:10

mjd24 wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:

But it could be the case that the first “symptoms” turned out not to actually be the virus, but you would still have been correct to self isolate for the 14 days.

And you're going to tell a manager that, sorry guv I was wrong, it took me 14 days to find out but it was a false alarm.
He's talking about lying anyway. I can't have that on here without pulling it up.

29 Mar 2020, 21:33

POSTMAN wrote:
mjd24 wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:

And you're going to tell a manager that, sorry guv I was wrong, it took me 14 days to find out but it was a false alarm.
He's talking about lying anyway. I can't have that on here without pulling it up.

Maybe im wrong, its so confusing isnt it? From my understanding, you can self isolate for 14 days due to someone you live with having shown symptoms, and even if you show no symptoms at all you still have to self isolate for 14 days. Correct me anyone if i am wrong on that? There is no testing available at the moment is there? Even for those self isolating?

But yeah I understand that you have to pull people up for advising others to lie.

21 Apr 2020, 00:25

buzzboy wrote:Its going to be interesting seeing how royal mail handles situations where someone self isolated with symptoms for two weeks and then again a short time after they returned to work .

This is me... 14 days as son had symptoms that came to nothing. Returned for barely a week and am now down with it myself, as sure as I can be without being tested.

Not looking good so far and union is MIA.

They want a GP note now but GP won't do notes for coronavirus-related things, and say 111 does it all. 111 says you can have more than one note from them if needed and employers will accept them.

Manager is basically calling them and me liars.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2