ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Post Office apologises after Hunsdon branch closed for a month due to technical issues

Latest Post Office® news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post Office apologises after Hunsdon branch closed for a month due to technical issues

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/n ... on-1156823" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There were fears Hunsdon Stores could close due to the loss of business

The Post Office has apologised after a technical error left villagers in Hunsdon without a branch and needing to trek miles to collect pensions and pay bills for nearly a month.

The Hunsdon Post Office, which is located in Hunsdon Stores in the centre of the village, has not been operating for nearly a month after the problem meant that none of the Post Office functions would work.

However, after public anger and a request for comment from the Mercury the Post Office confirmed that it aims to resolve the problem and reopen the Post Office by Monday (February 5).

Other villages close to Hunsdon, including Widford, have also been affected by the closure of the Post Office.

Residents have been getting in touch with the Post Office since the technical failure and there were concerns that the only shop in the village could close as a result of the financial pressure it was under due to lost custom.

In a letter from Jill Buck, chairwoman of Widford Parish Council, to the Post Office, concerns were raised about the problems with the Hundson branch.

She wrote: "On behalf of the residents of Widford village I should like to protest very strongly at the continued closure of the Post Office in Hunsdon Village Stores. Sadly, these difficulties have now stretched over three weeks since January 6 2018.

"Many from this village regularly use the local shop run by Mr and Mrs Patel in order to pay bills, collect their pensions and withdraw cash so they can purchase their weekly groceries."

"Hunsdon is the Post Office of choice as it is still possible to walk the mile along pavements to reach the shop, whereas the two Post Offices in Stanstead Abbots and Much Hadham can only be reached either by an infrequent local bus service or the kindness of neighbours using their own transport.

"We hope that you will soon be able to reinstate this vital service for the village."

A Post Office spokeswoman, said: “We sincerely apologise for the temporary closure of Hunsdon Post Office caused by a telecommunications issue.

"We understand how important Post Office services are to the local community and we are working hard to re-open the branch as soon as possible. The plan is to re-open the branch on Monday."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."