ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Post Office to sack financial advisers

Latest Post Office® news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post Office to sack financial advisers

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/busi ... -jjjkb2zzl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Post Office is to make its 73 branch-based mortgage advisers redundant as it attempts to wean itself off hundreds of millions of pounds a year of taxpayer subsidy and become self-sufficient.

The previously loss-making operator of 11,600 outlets said it would stop providing a personalised loans-advice service and instead appoint eight “customer relationship assistants” and two team leaders, who could be reached only online or on the phone.

The Post Office is the state-owned retail division of Royal Mail, which was left behind in the public sector when the nationwide letters and parcels delivery company was privatised in 2013.

The Post Office has begun receiving £370 million of taxpayer money to keep its head above water until 2021, on top of the £2 billion…
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."