ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

EXCLUSIVE: Ex-Post Office investigator landed job at Brighton & Hove Albion after Horizon scandal

Latest Post Office® news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

EXCLUSIVE: Ex-Post Office investigator landed job at Brighton & Hove Albion after Horizon scandal

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/e ... d-32527086

Former investigator Adrian Morris joined Brighton and Hove Albion the year after giving evidence at the trial of wrongfully convicted sub-postmistress Seema Misra

A former Post Office investigator from the Horizon scandal has a plum job at a Premier League football club.

Adrian Morris joined Brighton and Hove Albion the year after giving evidence at the trial of wrongfully convicted sub-postmistress Seema Misra. Seema was pregnant at the time and considered killing herself when she was sentenced to 15 months in jail for theft and false accounting in 2010.

Mr Morris joined the Seagulls the following year and in 2014 was made Head of Safety and Security. His role emerged as the inquiry into the Post Office’s Horizon IT scandal continues. Seema said he showed her no compassion and he should “definitely” give evidence at the inquiry. “He should look for the truth,” she said, adding: “I was telling them and it felt like they were not even listening.

“I went in with a faith they will look into it and find the money… but it was like an interrogation.” Mr Morris’s LinkedIn account has previously shown he was investigations manager at the Post Office – but that has since vanished from his profile.

Seema Misra had her conviction quashed in 2021 ( Image: Philip Coburn /Daily Mirror)
In January 2008, he interviewed Seema at West Byfleet Post Office, Surrey. He then gave evidence at her 2010 trial at Guildford Crown Court. A jury heard he had carried out investigations for the Royal Mail – which ran the Post Office – for about seven years but had been employed by it for 21 years.

Seema has said being eight weeks pregnant was the only thing that stopped her killing herself after she was sentenced. The 48-year-old – who was forced to give birth wearing an electronic tag – did not have her conviction quashed until 2021.

There is no suggestion that Mr Morris gave false evidence. He said: “It would not be right to comment on a specific case. As an investigator, I acted in good faith at all times but nonetheless I am aware of the various developments and have the deepest sympathy for all those who have been wrongly accused and suffered as a result of the events being examined by the public inquiry.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."