ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Post Office statement on Southwark Crown Court appeal

Latest Post Office® news.This is an open forum.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post Office statement on Southwark Crown Court appeal

Post by POSTMAN »

https://corporate.postoffice.co.uk/en/m ... al-3195529

Southwark Crown Court today (22 July 2022) formally acquitted a former Postmaster in a case referred by the Criminal Cases Review Commission (CCRC), in an uncontested appeal. The case, from 2001, related to a conviction in a Magistrates’ Court in which Post Office acted as prosecutor.

A Post Office spokesperson said:

“Post Office is sincerely sorry for the failures of the past and we are taking determined action to right the wrongs suffered by those affected.

“Our priority is to ensure that there is meaningful compensation for victims and that such events can never happen again.”

Post Office ceased prosecutions related to Horizon computer evidence in 2015. Appeals of cases began in 2020 following the ‘Horizon Issues’ Judgment in civil Group Litigation and, to date, there have now been 75 historical convictions overturned in unopposed appeals. In addition, there has been one conviction overturned in a conceded appeal in which the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) was the Respondent, not Post Office.

Note to editors:

Post Office has identified a total of 706 historical convictions in cases it prosecuted between 1999 and 2015 in which Horizon computer evidence might have featured. To date, a total of 117 appeals have been completed by the Courts.

Appeals of historical cases in which Post Office acted as prosecutor began in 2020 with referrals by the Criminal Cases Review Commission (CCRC). The appeals followed the ‘Horizon Issues’ Judgment in group civil litigation in December 2019.

https://corporate.postoffice.co.uk/en/h ... -progress/
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low life ***** they have always been.
RM Coronavirus Support
A manager does not have to count such absences (Covid) towards an attendance review, so my advice would be that employees who remain absent in order to protect the health of their colleagues continue to raise this as mitigation as part of the attendance procedure.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Workplace - The gift that keeps on giving
Simon 'Eric' Thompson
Royal Mail " 505th Christmas - still learning…!"
team - tell the truth - be respectful - be open to other points of view - if you are doing these three things, post post post post…
What does RTS mean?