ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Customers 'gutted' as Cleethorpes' main Post Office set to close in days

Latest Post Office® news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Customers 'gutted' as Cleethorpes' main Post Office set to close in days

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news ... st-7058190

Cleethorpes' main Post Office is set to close within days and it is unknown whether it will reopen.

Customers have been told the branch will close on Saturday, May 21 at 2.30pm following the resignation of the postmaster. The Post Office has confirmed a replacement operator has yet to be found and the branch will close.

It is the main post office in the resort, with smaller branches further away from the town centre within the Spar shop on Hardys Road as well as a branch on Sandringham Road, both around a mile away.

Customers and businesses who use the branch say it will be missed and could impact the elderly community especially.

Jon Hall said: "It'll be a great loss, particularly to the local people. It's incredibly easy to access and it does everything you could want. I use it quite regularly myself, I find it unfair that everyone has found out so suddenly too.

"It's not as if the place is quiet, it's always busy. It'll be a massive inconvenience for the tourists in the area too. The place has been here for so long, but sadly this sort of thing is happening much more frequently these days.

"We seem to be losing a lot and the Post Office will be sadly missed when it goes."

Holidaymakers to the seaside resort were shocked by the news. Mrs Florence said: "There aren't a lot of Post Offices around here at all, my friends live round here and I know it'll be a huge shock to them.

"They'll be so sorry to hear it's going as it is in such a central location. It'll be a shame to see it go for everyone around here, everything seems to be changing at the minute, it's terrible."

One staff member, who wished to remain anonymous, told Grimsby Live: "We're all very shocked, we'll be closing on May 21, it's very sad news to say the least."

It's closure will also cause a number of problems for local businesses too. Vicky Thomas, who works at the Class Above Clinic in Cleethorpes, often uses the Post Office. She said: "I'm gutted to hear it's shutting. It's such a shame for the staff and the people of Cleethorpes.

"Where else can we go now? I have a business in Cleethorpes and it'll cause me a massive issue now. It's a shame to think we won't have a fully functioning Post Office."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
I am using an automatic grammar and spelling app, your original post if quoted may be amended by default. No judgement in your use of grammar or spelling is intended or meant.
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link