ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

At least 4,000 Post Office branches to offer new money transfer service

Latest Post Office® news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

At least 4,000 Post Office branches to offer new money transfer service

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/post ... 97190.html

The Post Office is launching an in-branch money transfer service under an agreement with Western Union from this autumn.

The cross-border money transfer services will be offered in a minimum of 4,000 Post Office branches.

The move will help to offer customers a “one-stop” experience, where they can access cash, transfer money overseas to loved ones and at the same time send letters and parcels to relatives and friends abroad, the Post Office said.

The in-branch money transfer service with Western Union will roll out from autumn 2022 under the plans.

Previously, Western Union customers could only use the Post Office website for money transfer services.

I am delighted to be expanding our partnership with Western Union

The Post Office operates 11,500 branches across the UK. In many communities it is the “last counter in town” where people can securely and conveniently deposit and withdraw cash.

Nick Read, chief executive of the Post Office, said: “I am delighted to be expanding our partnership with Western Union, allowing customers to choose whether they want to use the money transfer service digitally or prefer to do it face-to-face.

“Postmasters are knowledgeable, reliable and can provide that assurance that a transaction has gone through with a printed receipt which many of our customers still value. Furthermore, this expanded partnership helps drive footfall into 4,000 of our branches providing postmasters with increased remuneration opportunities.”

Devin McGranahan, Western Union president and CEO, said: “As we continue to expand our global network, we will seek not only to improve access, but also, importantly, working with our partners, to truly transform the retail experience we offer our customers, in the UK and across the world.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

Sir Henry

Re: At least 4,000 Post Office branches to offer new money transfer service

Post by Sir Henry »

...transferring money to barristers and wronged postmasters and counter staff for the foreseeable
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"