ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Warning: fake texts link to a cloned Post Office website

Latest Post Office® news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Warning: fake texts link to a cloned Post Office website

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://conversation.which.co.uk/scams/ ... m-website/

A new delivery scam impersonating the Post Office is one of the most convincing clone websites we’ve seen. Here’s what you need to watch our for.

We received more than 2,000 reports of delivery text scams via our scam sharer tool last year. Our survey found that three in five of us have been targeted by scam delivery texts, typically using Royal Mail, DPD and Hermes company branding.

This time, the scammers are targeting the Post Office.

Post Office delivery scam exposed

Which? has seen variations of fake texts claiming that a parcel delivery has failed, asking recipients to click the link to ‘book a new date’ or ‘reschedule a delivery’ via two sites that have nothing to do with the Post Office.

Clicking the links takes you to extremely convincing Post Office clones, shown below. The websites were only set up in the last few days, and all other information has been ‘redacted for privacy’ – always treat new sites that hide information with suspicion.

The first step of the scam is to invite you to enter your postcode before asking for your full name, delivery address, email address, date of birth and mobile number. This information is fed directly to scammers who could use it commit identity fraud.

continues at link https://conversation.which.co.uk/scams/ ... m-website/
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."