ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Post Office confirms closure in Leicestershire village

Latest Post Office® news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post Office confirms closure in Leicestershire village

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news ... re-6475914

A Post Office branch in a Leicestershire village is set to close later on this year.

The Royal Mail has confirmed the closure of the Anstey branch, in Bradgate Road, stating it will be able to stay open till at least April.

However the details are still being finalised, with a spokesman revealing the the premises for the branch is "being withdrawn" for Post Office use.

The spokesman confirmed to LeicestershireLive that they are "working hard" to find suitable premises for residents to have access to their banking, billing and posting needs.

They said: "The premises, where Anstey Post Office is based, is being withdrawn for Post Office use later this year.

"Details are being finalised. We know how important a Post Office is to community and we are working hard to find an alternative location. The vacancy will be advertised shortly."

Locals took to Facebook to discuss the pending closure: "Anstey growing population wise so rapidly but everything is closing down?!"

One resident commented on the elderly people who rely on the services at the store.

They wrote: "What the heck will those of us who have no transport do? And all the pensioners who rely on them? It's disgusting"

Another agreed, saying: "This is disgusting if this happens. Apart from the cash machines where are you going to get cash from. Not all elderly people like using the machines.

"Where are the elderly going to pay their bills. It’s time the councillors got involved to stop this from happening to their village and their supporters"

One user claimed the building had been sold and it was "uncertain" if the new owner would allow the Post Office to continue there.

LeicestershireLive contacted the store directly, but they were unable to comment.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."