ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Staff lock suspect in store during attempted armed robbery on Post Office in Hebburn

Latest Post Office® news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Staff lock suspect in store during attempted armed robbery on Post Office in Hebburn

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/no ... y-22316710

A 37-year-old man has now been arrested and police say no-one was injured

An attempted robbery in Hebburn has been thwarted after quick-thinking staff locked the suspect in the store until police arrived.

This morning, a man reportedly entered the Post Office on Station Road just after 9.30am.

He threatened staff and demanded money from the till.

Go here for the very latest breaking news updates from across the NorthEast

However, brave staff members were able to lock the would-be robber in the shop until the police turned up.

A 37-year-old man has now been arrested.

Luckily, nobody was injured during the incident.

A Northumbria Police spokesperson said: “Shortly after 9.30am today (Tuesday), police received a report of an attempted robbery at a Post Office on Station Road in Hebburn.

“It was reported that a man had entered the Post Office and threatened staff before demanding money from the till.

“The staff were able to safely lock a suspect in the store until officers arrived on the scene.

“Thankfully nobody has been injured and a 37-year-old man has now been arrested.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."