ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Post Office eyes growth with 'successful' Amazon and DPD click & collect service

Latest Post Office® news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post Office eyes growth with 'successful' Amazon and DPD click & collect service

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/convenience ... 90.article

The Post Office now has 3,100 branches offering its Amazon and DPD click & collect service, following a successful trial period.

The number of Post Offices taking part in the new scheme has exceeded its target of 3,000, which was put in place in March of this year.

CEO Nick Read said he aimed to “have at least double” the number of branches offering Amazon and DPD services to more than 6,000.

It comes a year after the Post Office ripped up its long-standing exclusive agreement with Royal Mail. The new arrangement has allowed Read to launch a double delivery solution with parcel giants Amazon and DPD.

“These are two leading players in the logistics world,” said Read. “They have worked closely with us, recognising the value Post Office brings to their business as Postmasters keep their branches open long hours and many are open on weekends.”

He added: “Instead of a van making dozens of stops at individual addresses, it is making just the one stop at a Post Office, and crucially enabling customers to come and collect their parcels at a time that suits them, as more of us are heading back into the office.

“We know how competitive the parcel market is. We certainly won’t be resting on our laurels.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."