ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Cheltenham - Post Office can't get staff to keep queues down

Latest Post Office® news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Cheltenham - Post Office can't get staff to keep queues down

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/n ... ep-6246834

Workload said to have left existing staff "at the end of their tether."

The Post Office has apologised to customers for staff shortages that meant the main Cheltenham branch couldn't deliver on servive.

It has been claimed that the branch, inside WHSmith, High Street, has been advertising for workers for more than three months.

A customer made the claim on social media, saying that a manager in the shop told her this when she asked why there was such a long queue.

According to the customer, the post office had found getting new staff "impossible" and the workload for existing staff had left them "at the end of their tether."

She said she wondered what was going on because there seemed to be "plenty of young people on the streets who could fill the vacancies."

Many businesses in Gloucestershire have struggled to find the staff they need to run their shops, pubs and restaurants.

Stagecoach has had to cancel some of its bus services. Like other bus operators, it has been impacted by a shortage of drivers.

The company has previously apologised for inconvenience caused to passengers by these delays, linked to Brexit and the pandemic.

A Post Office spokesperson said: “Cheltenham Post Office is currently experiencing temporary staffing issues. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

“Two new members of staff have recently been recruited, which will soon help with staffing levels, and the branch is in the process of recruiting for another two roles.

“We are working to provide additional support and cover for the branch in the interim.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

Cardinal1
POST OFFICE

Re: Cheltenham - Post Office can't get staff to keep queues down

Post by Cardinal1 »

Perhaps if W.H. Smith paid a decent living wage they would be able to attract the right type of candidates.