ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Winchester Post Office on Upper High Street to close

Latest Post Office® news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Winchester Post Office on Upper High Street to close

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.hampshirechronicle.co.uk/ne ... signation/

A post office in Winchester has announced its closure, leaving just two branches left in the city.

The post office, located on Upper High Street, recently put a sign on the window which reads: "Following the resignation of the Postmaster and the withdrawal of the premises for Post Office use, the above branch will be closing temporarily on Tuesday 30 November 2021 at 17:30. We are looking to restore a Post Office service in this area, as soon as possible.

A Post Office spokesperson said: ""Upper High Street Post Office in Winchester is closing on Tuesday 30 November at 5.30pm due to the resignation of the Postmaster. We know how important a Post Office is to a community. The vacancy is advertised on www.runapostoffice.co.uk, and we are working hard to restore service to this area as soon as possible.

""In the interim alternative branches include Winchester and Stoney Lane.""

The Chronicle approached the manager, who declined to comment.

The complete addresses of alternative branches are:

Winchester Post Office, 110 High Street, Winchester, SO23 9AH

Stoney Lane Post Office, 61-65 Stoney Lane, Winchester, SO22 6EW
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."