ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bid to re-establish Chester community post office wins funding boost

Latest Post Office® news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Bid to re-establish Chester community post office wins funding boost

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.chesterstandard.co.uk/news/ ... ing-boost/

PLANS to re-establish a Post Office branch in a Chester suburb have received a big boost.

Handbridge Community Association (HCA) has been awarded a £5,000 grant from the National Lottery Community Fund in partnership with IKEA. The funding is from the Places Called Home Programme.

The funding is dependent on the successful opening of a Post Office branch in Handbridge.

Applications have also been made to other grant awarding bodies. An appeal for funding from local residents and businesses is about to be launched along with a crowdfunding campaign. All funds will be returned if the project does not go ahead. To enquire about making a donation, email savehandbridgepostoffice@yahoo.com

It is hoped to open the branch as a community hub at 1 Queen’s Park Road in Handbridge, the site of the now closed branch of McColl's which incorporated the previous Post Office branch.

An application has already been made to Chester West and Chester Council to rent these premises. In addition, a second application has been submitted to the council to have the Handbridge Post Office declared an Asset of Community Value.

An email to HCA from the chief executive of Cheshire West and Chester Council, Andrew Lewis, stated that in letting the premises, the council will be looking at opportunities to generate a wider social value and will take a decision in the best public interest.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."