ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Post Office continues to take the strain of demand for cash

Latest Post Office® news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post Office continues to take the strain of demand for cash

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.talkingretail.com/news/indu ... 9-11-2021/

The vital role that post offices are playing in providing cash services was underlined again last month when total deposits and withdrawals exceeded £2.9bn for the second month running.

Figures released by the Post Office this morning show that business cash deposits were more than £1bn for the fifth month in a row and personal cash withdrawals were at their highest point of the year with £692m handed out over the counter, up 1% on September.

Overall, business and personal cash deposits were up 15% year on year.

A recent Post Office survey found nearly half (44%) of small hospitality and leisure businesses in the UK rely on cash daily.

A third (34%) of hospitality and leisure business owners said they would fear for the security of their business if they didn’t have the ability to deposit cash at the end of each day.

The Post Office recently launched a ‘Save Our Cash’ campaign calling for the Government to speed up legislation to protect access to cash for the millions of people and businesses that rely on it.

Martin Kearsley, banking director at the Post Office, said: “Small businesses, particularly in the hospitality and leisure sectors, recognise the value of cash now more than ever.

“Many of their customers rely on cash, and to ensure services they offer are available to everyone in their communities, they need to accept cash to operate.

“Post Offices are a local, secure and reliable place where they can quickly deposit it without missing out on trade.

“October saw another strong month across our network in supporting customers and businesses to deposit and withdraw cash conveniently and securely.

“Postmasters are keeping their branches open long hours, playing an essential role in the cash ecosystem in their community.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."