ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Post Office staff sniff out cannabis in packages destined for addresses across Lincolnshire

Latest Post Office® news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post Office staff sniff out cannabis in packages destined for addresses across Lincolnshire

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news ... ut-6099870

A man was caught using Royal Mail to distribute thousands of pounds worth of cannabis to addresses across the country, Lincoln Crown Court was told.

Julius Serva attempted to post 13 packages at the Bailgate Post Office in uphill Lincoln but staff alerted police after becoming concerned due to the smell from the items.

Philip Plant, prosecuting, said Serva was arrested and the subsequent investigation revealed he posted 43 packages at the Eastwood Road Post Office in Boston earlier the same day before travelling to Lincoln.

The Boston packages contained a combined total of 1.2kgs of cannabis with a street sale value of up to £12,000. The Lincoln packages contained 182g of the drug which was potentially worth up to £1,500.

When Serva was interviewed he said he had been asked to post the packages by a friend of a friend and initially believed they contained computer parts but subsequently realised it was cannabis and continued with the task.

Mr Plant said “He said he was requested to do this for £30. That is nonsense. The postage would have cost him £100.”

Serva, 34, of Walden Gardens, Boston, admitted two charges of possession of drugs with intent to supply as a result of the incidents in July 2020.

He was given a 12 month jail sentence suspended for two years with up to 20 rehabilitation activity requirement days.

Judge Simon Hirst told him “This was effectively supplying direct to users. You plainly had an awareness of the size of the operation.”

Neil Sands, in mitigation, said that Serva, who was born in Lithuania, came to the UK in 2006 and had no convictions in the last decade.

“He had been employed as a farm worker but injured his elbow and was unable to work. He found himself completely without income and he fell behind with his rent. He was offered this opportunity and took it.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."