ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Post Office asks banks for extra 200m so customers can access cash

Latest Post Office® news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post Office asks banks for extra 200m so customers can access cash

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.cityam.com/post-office-asks ... cess-cash/

The Post Office has asked banks for an additional £200m, as part of a new three-year deal, so customers can continue to access cash from Post Office counters, according to reports.

The deal, set to begin in 2023, has seen the Post Office demand £800m from 30 high street banks to pay for the use of its 11,500 branch network, according to the The Times, which first reported the news. In the current deal, which ends in 2022, banks pay £600m.

From next week customers using The Post Office's Easy ID app will be able to purchase bitcoin on Swarm Markets

Aside from an extra £200m the Post Office reportedly also wants to form a longer-term partnership with banks which could extend up to ten years. Such a deal would likely allow the Post Office to demand higher payments from banks, to be invested in its network.

The news comes amid increasing concern by government and regulators over consumers’ access to cash withdrawals and deposits, which dropped sharply during the pandemic, as an increasing number of banks close their branches and cash machines.

The Post Office have been contacted for comment.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."