ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Horizon scandal : Police interview two former Fujitsu employees on suspicion of perjury

Latest Post Office® news.This is an open forum.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Horizon scandal : Police interview two former Fujitsu employees on suspicion of perjury

Post by POSTMAN »

The Metropolitan Police has confirmed that a man and a woman have been interviewed under caution on suspicion of perjury.

On 16 December 2019, at the conclusion of the Bates v Post Office litigation, the managing judge, Mr Justice Fraser, told the court he was so concerned about the evidence given in previous civil and criminal trials by a number of Fujitsu employees, he was passing confidential a file to the Director of Public Prosecutions, Max Hill.

On 20 January 2020, Mr Hill, who runs the Crown Prosecution Service, forwarded a letter from Mr Justice Fraser to the Metropolitan Police and an investigation was launched. The detective put in charge of the case was Detective Sergeant Hayley Broom from the Major Inquiries/Special Enquiry Team.

On 13 November last year it was confirmed DS Broom's investigation had become a criminal investigation.

On 18 November last year, the names of two the former Fujitsu engineers under investigation were revealed in open court and reported on this website and widely in the media.

Now two people have been questioned.

Read more here...
https://www.postofficetrial.com/2021/08 ... le-on.html
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Horizon scandal : Police interview two former Fujitsu employees on suspicion of perjury

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

I wonder if they are prosecuted and convicted, whether the aggrieved Post Masters could sue Fujitsu as well.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."