ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Post Office visit lands Carlisle woman with curfew

Latest Post Office® news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post Office visit lands Carlisle woman with curfew

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/1953 ... an-curfew/

A YOUNG Carlisle woman has been given a six-week curfew after she breached a restraining order - by going into her local Post Office.

Hannah Louise Dixon, 27, of Stonegarth, Morton, committed the offence on June 26, the city's Rickergate court heard.

It was an offence because she was banned from the Morton Post Office and Foreways store under the terms of a restraining order imposed in February.

It was imposed because Dixon had assaulted a worker there, the court heard.

The defendant said that when she breached the order, she had believed the ban had expired but she left as soon as she was asked to by the staff in the shop.

Magistrates imposed a community order, which includes the electronically monitored curfew, which will last each day from 7pm to 7am.

Dixon must also pay prosecution costs of £85 and a £95 victim surcharge. The restraining order will remain in place until November 25. The News & Star reported the assault case in March.

You can read about it here. https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/1912 ... e-assault/
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."