ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

New post office opens at Ipswich convenience store

Latest Post Office® news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

New post office opens at Ipswich convenience store

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/busi ... ce-8270320

A post office has opened in a popular Ipswich convenience store - after customers asked the shop to take on the new branch.

Heath Road Post Office, at Heath News, closed without warning in June 2017 - leaving people in the area without a service.

However, people asked Broke Hall Convenience - which is an 11-minute walk away - to take on the branch instead.

As a result, it has now opened the Penshurst Road Post Office - restoring a vital service to residents.

The new postmasters say they are looking forward to the new venture and are keen to support the community in whatever way they can.

Ipswich has a new Post Office in Broke Hall Convenience on 91-93 Penshurst Road

The Post Office approved the move after a consultation last month.

Wendy Hamilton, network provision lead at Post Office, said: “We are delighted to have restored a full-time post office to this area of Ipswich, as we know how important post office services are to a community.”

Post office services including special deliveries, banking services and ordering money for travel will be available for a total of 105 a week, including during evenings and weekends.

Work still needs to be done to make the site fully accessible, with a step being made disability-friendly and a hearing loop installed inside, along with space for a wheelchair.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."