ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Post Office staff threatened by man with firearm as manhunt launched

Latest Post Office® news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post Office staff threatened by man with firearm as manhunt launched

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire- ... n-21381685

Police hope to speak to a man pictured who they believe left staff shaken

An armed robber has threatened Post Office staff with a firearm before fleeing the scene empty handed leaving them "incredibly shaken and upset".

The attempted robbery shook staff at the Post Office on City Road, Wigan, on Saturday (August 21).

Police officers said the armed man entered the Post Office around 11.40am and 'made threats towards staff with a firearm'.

Despite the threatening behaviour aimed at the staff, it's believed that the man fled the scene, escaping though a nearby alleyway towards Selkirk Grove empty handed.

An imaged released by detectives depicts a man who they would like to speak to in connection with the attempted robbery.

The image shows a man wearing dark clothing and gloves, a beanie hat and face mask, carrying what appears to be a rucksack, The Echo reports.

Detective Inspector Philip Housely of GMP's Wigan district, said: "Thankfully no one sustained any injuries during the ordeal but staff were understandably left incredibly shaken and upset.

"We've launched a full investigation to piece together the full circumstances and we're releasing an image of a man who we would like to speak to in connection with the incident.

"This incident occurred during the middle of the day so we're appealing to anyone who may have been in the area at the time or saw anyone behaving suspiciously nearby to come forward and speak with police. "

Anyone with information should contact police on 0161 856 7094 or 101 quoting incident 1461 of 21/08/21.

Details can also be passed via the police LiveChat function at https://crowd.in/rVhLYA or via the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."