ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Budock Water post office trial to start next week

Latest Post Office® news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Budock Water post office trial to start next week

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

falmouthpacket.co.uk/news/19458100.budock-water-post-office-trial-start-next-week/

The sub-master bringing a mobile post office to Budock for a four week trial says he is looking forward to getting going.

The Trelowarren Arms in Budock Water will be the home of the Mobile Post Office for a four week trial period starting on Thursday, July 29, and will be opening its doors each Thursday morning from 10am until 12 midday.

Sub postmaster Brian Smith who operates the mobile service out of Rame Post Office, says he is looking forward in offering the service to Budock Water and the surrounding Parish of Budock.

"A wide range of post office services will be available to the public, with the exception of foreign currency, and road tax," he said.

"With the Trelowarren Arms offering tea, coffee and cake, this could be the start of a community social get together on Thursday mornings, especially the elderly and retired for a couple of hours".

The offer of the pub came about by chance after a petition was started to get a mobile post office in the village by local man Keith Rashleigh.

Mr Rashleigh was speaking by chance to Anna, landlady of the Trelly, that there could be a problem sourcing a venue for the post office in the village, and she came forward offering the back room of the pub.

Newly elected county councillor David Saunby who promised to bring a post office to Budock said: "This is such a wonderful opportunity for the village and the surrounding parish of Budock, that it needs to be grasped with both hands, having lost its full time post office about nine years ago.

"I am extremely grateful to Anna and Martin of the Trelly as locals know it, who have kindly offered the back room of the pub, as a base for the mobile post office, which I am sure will be a great success, with well over 100 residents signing a petition supporting a post office for Budock, which was set up by local resident Keith Rashleigh".
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."