ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Scarborough Post Office robber foiled by staff member jailed

Latest Post Office® news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Scarborough Post Office robber foiled by staff member jailed

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2021- ... ber-jailed

A would-be post office robber has been jailed after he was thwarted by a "blunt and robust response" from a staff member in Scarborough.

Kieran David Hodson left empty-handed after trying to hold up the Filey Road post office in North Yorkshire while wearing a mask and brandishing a hammer, Police said.

Officers said the 24-year-old hit the security screens with the hammer and then threw a bag at a member of staff, demanding they fill it with cash, during the incident in March.

But a force spokesman said the employee refused to comply.

The spokesman said a panic alarm alerted police and Hodson, of Scarborough, was later arrested following a public appeal for information.

He pleaded guilty to attempted robbery and was jailed for two years at York Crown Court on Friday, the spokesman confirmed.

Dc Nick Burton said: "For reasons best known only to him, Hodson thought holding up a post office was a good idea.

"Obviously it wasn't, especially due to the fact he had to leave empty-handed after a brave employee told him where to go."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Scarborough Post Office robber foiled by staff member jailed

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Apparently he was told to f**k off
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."