ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ROYAL MAIL DELAYS : PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THERE IS A BIT OF A BACKLOG IN THE SYSTEM, WE ARE DOING OUR BEST TO DELIVER WHAT WE CAN DAILY BUT UNFORTUNATELY IN SOME AREAS THERE WILL BE DELAYS. PLEASE HAVE SOME PATIENCE AS WE ARE DOING WHAT WE CAN.Postal workers of royalmailchat.co.uk

Scarborough Post Office robber foiled by staff member jailed

Latest Post Office® news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Scarborough Post Office robber foiled by staff member jailed

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2021- ... ber-jailed

A would-be post office robber has been jailed after he was thwarted by a "blunt and robust response" from a staff member in Scarborough.

Kieran David Hodson left empty-handed after trying to hold up the Filey Road post office in North Yorkshire while wearing a mask and brandishing a hammer, Police said.

Officers said the 24-year-old hit the security screens with the hammer and then threw a bag at a member of staff, demanding they fill it with cash, during the incident in March.

But a force spokesman said the employee refused to comply.

The spokesman said a panic alarm alerted police and Hodson, of Scarborough, was later arrested following a public appeal for information.

He pleaded guilty to attempted robbery and was jailed for two years at York Crown Court on Friday, the spokesman confirmed.

Dc Nick Burton said: "For reasons best known only to him, Hodson thought holding up a post office was a good idea.

"Obviously it wasn't, especially due to the fact he had to leave empty-handed after a brave employee told him where to go."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
I am using an automatic grammar and spelling app, your original post if quoted may be amended by default. No judgement in your use of grammar or spelling is intended or meant.
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Scarborough Post Office robber foiled by staff member jailed

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Apparently he was told to f**k off
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
I am using an automatic grammar and spelling app, your original post if quoted may be amended by default. No judgement in your use of grammar or spelling is intended or meant.
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link