ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Police called as post office bans 'irate' customer in stamps row

Latest Post Office® news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Police called as post office bans 'irate' customer in stamps row

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/st ... ns-5455077

'Terrified' Leek Post Office staff dialled 999

An 'irate' customer has been banned from a post office - after attempting to buy stamps as the branch was closing.

Staff at Leek Post Office dialled 999 after being left 'terrified' by the incident at the High Street business.

The alarm was raised at 5.40pm on Monday, May 24.

In a Facebook post to customers, the branch said: "The way I have just been spoken to by a customer is absolutely despicable. Despite it being past 5.30pm, I said we would serve her. But she got so condescending and rude when I explained the post wouldn't leave that afternoon. She demanded to know the logistics of Royal Mail.

"I repeatedly asked her to leave and then she got her phone out to record me refusing service. I had to ring 999 before she would leave the shop.

"We do not deserve this and I promise that anyone who speaks to us in such a way will be asked to leave - and the police will be called if you won't."

In a direct message to the woman, they added: "You know who you are. Do not come back here again."

Staffordshire Police did not actually attend the incident.

A police spokesman said: "We were called at 5.40pm on Monday to reports that a customer had become irate after they had tried to purchase some stamps at the post office on High Street, in Leek, as the post office doors were being closed. Officers did not attend."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."