ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Post Office hopes to raise GBP250,000 for Trussell Trust

Latest Post Office® news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post Office hopes to raise GBP250,000 for Trussell Trust

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.lbc.co.uk/business/77d58196 ... 125ca0edf/

The Post Office will donate 1p to the Trussell Trust for every cash withdrawal made over the counter in any of its 11,500 branches this winter.

The Post Office has said it will donate 1p to the Trussell Trust for every cash withdrawal made over the counter in any of its 11,500 branches this winter.

The pledge will cover cash withdrawals made up until March 31 2022.

The move will help to provide vital services such as food bank provisions and financial guidance to help families reduce the impact of increasing household bills and unexpected costs this winter, the Post Office said.

This December, food banks in the Trussell Trust network face providing more than 7,000 food parcels every day

Emma Revie, the Trussell Trust
With more than 1.5 million over-the-counter cash withdrawals every week, the Post Office hopes to raise £250,000.

The Trussell Trust supports a nationwide network of over 1,300 food bank centres.

​Nick Read, Post Office chief executive, said: “This can be an incredibly difficult time of year for many people who are struggling to make ends meet and facing impossible financial decisions.”

Emma Revie, chief executive of the Trussell Trust said: “This December, food banks in the Trussell Trust network face providing more than 7,000 food parcels every day, and we know that the vast majority of this support will be provided for people who are living in destitution – meaning they are unable to afford the essentials to eat, stay warm, dry and clean.”

By Press Association
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."