ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

LTB 295/18 - TERMS OF REFERENCE BETWEEN ROYAL MAIL AND THE CWU FOR THE TRIAL OF AUTOMATED HOURS DATA CAPTURE IN MAIL CENTRES, REGIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTRES AND DELIVERY OFFICES

16 May 2018, 15:13

LTB 295/18 - TERMS OF REFERENCE BETWEEN ROYAL MAIL AND THE CWU FOR THE TRIAL OF AUTOMATED HOURS DATA CAPTURE IN MAIL CENTRES, REGIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTRES AND DELIVERY OFFICES

No. 295/2018

16th May 2018

For the Immediate Attention of All:

Postal Branches

Divisional Representatives

Dear Colleagues

TERMS OF REFERENCE BETWEEN ROYAL MAIL AND THE CWU FOR THE TRIAL OF AUTOMATED HOURS DATA CAPTURE IN MAIL CENTRES, REGIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTRES AND DELIVERY OFFICES

Branches and representatives will be aware that the Guiding Principles of Employment Security and Mutual Interest Approach to Future Challenges and Opportunities Agreement included a commitment to a trial of Automated Hours Data Capture (AHDC) technology as one of the key enablers for the 1st hour reduction in the working week.

Further discussions have concluded with a Terms of Reference covering the trial activity which will take place at four sites:

Greenford Mail Centre
PRDC
Northwood DO
Hemel Hempstead DO
The trial activity which will be overseen by a Joint Working Group was the subject of a Joint Launch event at Greenford Mail Centre on the 15th May 2018 which was attended by members of the JWG along with Representatives from the trial sites.

Attached for your information is a copy of the AHDC Terms of Reference and Branches are also reminded that the use of data during the trial will be in line with paragraphs 16.4 AHDC and 17 Data Usage of the Guiding Principles National Agreement.

Any enquiries in relation to this LTB should be addressed to Davie Robertson, Assistant Secretary, email: dwyatt@cwu.org or shayman@cwu.org quoting reference number: 730.13.

Or

Mark Baulch, Assistant Secretary, email: outdoorsecretary@cwu.org quoting reference number: 530.

Yours sincerely

Davie Robertson – Assistant Secretary

Mark Baulch – Assistant Secretary

LTB 295-18 – TOR For The AHDC Trial – 16.05.18 http://emails.cwu.org/t/d-l-bludlil-ztkjiuyil-i/

Attachment 1 – TOR For The Trial of AHDC in MCs, RDCs and DOs http://emails.cwu.org/t/d-l-bludlil-ztkjiuyil-d/

View Online http://emails.cwu.org/t/d-l-bludlil-ztkjiuyil-h/

16 May 2018, 19:32

Now let the real fun start !

17 May 2018, 17:33

with this scanning in and out on delivery ,and outdoor actuals the company will see how much of this job was done on good will down to finish and home , and with posties taking short cuts to complete deliverys , well I think the time has come for cwu members to support them on this new agreement and see what the company has in its plans when it goes tits up , start on time , use lwts etc , take breaks , and you have a finish time , :thumbup

17 May 2018, 17:39

worktotime wrote:with this scanning in and out on delivery ,and outdoor actuals the company will see how much of this job was done on good will down to finish and home , and with posties taking short cuts to complete deliverys , well I think the time has come for cwu members to support them on this new agreement and see what the company has in its plans when it goes tits up , start on time , use lwts etc , take breaks , and you have a finish time , :thumbup

Totally agree mate , people need to the job to spec

17 May 2018, 17:46

TheTrolleyMan wrote:
worktotime wrote:with this scanning in and out on delivery ,and outdoor actuals the company will see how much of this job was done on good will down to finish and home , and with posties taking short cuts to complete deliverys , well I think the time has come for cwu members to support them on this new agreement and see what the company has in its plans when it goes tits up , start on time , use lwts etc , take breaks , and you have a finish time , :thumbup

and it would be about time everybody did , as the company seem to be able to throw millions of £s around to the top knobs like confetti ,

17 May 2018, 19:49

worktotime wrote:
TheTrolleyMan wrote:

and it would be about time everybody did , as the company seem to be able to throw millions of £s around to the top knobs like confetti ,

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, part of this says that the trial will be rolled out once it's proven it has no adverse affect on the completion of work. So if the trial offices start failing miserably and costing more money will they be in a hurry to roll it out everywhere? If they aren't going to save money i can't see them rushing it out, it might work in mail centres but I can only see it causing havoc in delivery offices and costing more money to deliver the same amount of mail. In fact without spending more money I don't see how they will clear offices

17 May 2018, 19:56

citypostie wrote:
worktotime wrote:
TheTrolleyMan wrote:

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, part of this says that the trial will be rolled out once it's proven it has no adverse affect on the completion of work. So if the trial offices start failing miserably and costing more money will they be in a hurry to roll it out everywhere? If they aren't going to save money i can't see them rushing it out, it might work in mail centres but I can only see it causing havoc in delivery offices and costing more money to deliver the same amount of mail. In fact without spending more money I don't see how they will clear offices

It's probably got more chance of working in DOs than in MCs. In a MC you can often be moved around different sections in any given shift

17 May 2018, 20:01

SpacePhoenix wrote:
citypostie wrote:
worktotime wrote:
TheTrolleyMan wrote:

It's probably got more chance of working in DOs than in MCs. In a MC you can often be moved around different sections in any given shift

This is about signing in and out of the office. Do many people at MC start work an hour before their time and start work for free or work over and not claim overtime ? It's like clocking into a factory so it would work at mail centres , it says it's not for monitoring what your doing inside the building so what your doing in there doesn't matter

17 May 2018, 20:13

citypostie wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
citypostie wrote:
worktotime wrote:
TheTrolleyMan wrote:

This is about signing in and out of the office. Do many people at MC start work an hour before their time and start work for free or work over and not claim overtime ? It's like clocking into a factory so it would work at mail centres , it says it's not for monitoring what your doing inside the building so what your doing in there doesn't matter

Won't work in any MC where you have to enter the processing area to reach your locker. It would have to be something that sits above a doorway, otherwise it'll get in the way

17 May 2018, 20:19

SpacePhoenix wrote:
citypostie wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
citypostie wrote:
worktotime wrote:
TheTrolleyMan wrote:

Won't work in any MC where you have to enter the processing area to reach your locker. It would have to be something that sits above a doorway, otherwise it'll get in the way

But you haven't answered the question how many people do work for free in a mail centre that if this comes in would stop and royal mail would have to pay to get that work done?

17 May 2018, 20:42

citypostie wrote:But you haven't answered the question how many people do work for free in a mail centre that if this comes in would stop and royal mail would have to pay to get that work done?

How would i know who does on the other shifts? :roll:

17 May 2018, 20:47

SpacePhoenix wrote:
citypostie wrote:But you haven't answered the question how many people do work for free in a mail centre that if this comes in would stop and royal mail would have to pay to get that work done?

How would i know who does on the other shifts? :roll:

Ok in all the years youve worked in a mailcentre how many people have you seen working for free? Ive worked in a mailcentre and delivery office and see it everyday in deliveries but never once saw anyone do it in a mailcentre and i can guess its the same everywhere

17 May 2018, 21:11

It's going to be interesting to see how this pans out. My view is that the Area manager will see that XXX delivery office has 400 hours per week (in staff numbers/duty shifts duration) and the work load says that it should only take 360 hours but he staff are actually working 440 hours due to the planning tools not being realistic (was it 45 seconds to deliver to neighbour!!) Area manager says cut hours, Local DOM says I need more

17 May 2018, 22:48

mr hil. wrote:It's going to be interesting to see how this pans out. My view is that the Area manager will see that XXX delivery office has 400 hours per week (in staff numbers/duty shifts duration) and the work load says that it should only take 360 hours but he staff are actually working 440 hours due to the planning tools not being realistic (was it 45 seconds to deliver to neighbour!!) Area manager says cut hours, Local DOM says I need more

well imo it would work different when they combine this with the outdoor actuals , clock in at 7.00am leave the office after all indoor work , van checks , and meal relief at 9.30 am , then pda actual kicks in , then you either do the job right and say finish on time or go over and claim o/t , BUT if you run round etc and finish say 1 hour before your time YOU will kop for more work off the posties that go over , its not rocket science .

17 May 2018, 23:09

I can see this becoming yet another stick with which to beat the workforce.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2